Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

outlook express 6 help wanted

zapper

Inactive User
i cant send emails out i can receave them but not send them i keep getting an error message saying error >The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'pop.freeserve.net', Server: 'smtp.freeserve.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10053, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E ?

dont understand why im getting this it started a few days ago i have not changed the settings in outlook express at all ? i did phone wanadoo helpline they could not fix it . They did tell me that they were having problems with emails a few days ago but he could not confirm it had all been fix > He told me to uninstall outlook & reinstall it but that has not fix it . funny thing is my sister has wanadoo & outlook & she is having no problems . ps i have migrated to another isp that is going throo its procese & i should be with my new isp sometime this week . does anyone think it is wanadoo that is stopping me from sending mail out ? coss i am dumping them any advice would be helpfull ps Just cant understad why i can get mail in but cant send any out

I haven't been having problems with my Freeserve email.

Try accessing it from the Wanadoo site like rock suggested or maybe try another email application.

zapper said:
i cant send emails out i can receave them but not send them i keep getting an error message saying error >The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'pop.freeserve.net', Server: 'smtp.freeserve.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10053, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E ?

dont understand why im getting this it started a few days ago i have not changed the settings in outlook express at all ? i did phone wanadoo helpline they could not fix it . They did tell me that they were having problems with emails a few days ago but he could not confirm it had all been fix > He told me to uninstall outlook & reinstall it but that has not fix it . funny thing is my sister has wanadoo & outlook & she is having no problems . ps i have migrated to another isp that is going throo its procese & i should be with my new isp sometime this week . does anyone think it is wanadoo that is stopping me from sending mail out ? coss i am dumping them any advice would be helpfull ps Just cant understad why i can get mail in but cant send any out

If you're no longer with Wanadoo then there's NO way you can use their SMTP server to send mail. You'll have to find the SMTP address of your new ISP and put that into your settings to make this work. So give up trying to send via Outlook with Wanadoo. you can still do it using the Homepage as I can do it with my old ISP.

Wanadoo = Freeserve. Wanadoo is the company that has owned Freeserve for years and the Freeserve email settings still work. I'm still using them.

Kris said:
Wanadoo = Freeserve. Wanadoo is the company that has owned Freeserve for years and the Freeserve email settings still work. I'm still using them.

I know that, as Freeserve were my very 1st ISP but if he's migrated to another ISP then the SMTP settings wont work.
Only last month I migrated and I still use my old ISP e-mail address but the SMTP settings have to be with my new ISP. The pop settings for incoming mail stay the same but not the outgoing.
I used to be IN= pop.supanet.com and OUT= smtp.supanet.com but now it's
IN = pop.supanet.com and OUT = smtp.bulldogadsl.com
Here's a pic of the settings.
pop8ce.jpg

i know that problem and fixed it with another port...some ISP are blocking port 25 because of the spam. I have this problem since several weeks now and havent changed anything. When i was back in germany everything worked...and I also have wanadoo here. But my email address is from gmx...a german email account.

In your outlook express go to the advanced tab in your account settings...select SSL and type in port 465 instead of 25. That did the trick for me.
I always thought my router firewall blocked it...and i did everything...switched off all firewalls...port 25 was open...reinstalled windows...and it still didnt work until i changed the port.

good luck

i have tried the above but still getting the same error message not changed over to my new isp yet waiting for an email off them to get me up & running with them so cant put new internet addy in my outlook express yet ? so im still no further on with this problem going mad here fuxxxing pc help

I would like to thank everyone who tried to help me with my outlook express problem it turned out that my migration to pipex was going ahead & wanadoo had stopped me from sending any mail out for the last 3 days & today i could not connect to wanadoo at all at 7am . turns out that pipex had sent me an activation email for my new account with then at 8am but wanadoo had disconected me from them at 7am .
been with wanadoo for 6 years so much for there nasty tacticks they dont like being dumped bastxxxed ps now with pipex i phoned them & they were so helpfull they sorted all my new isp setting over the phone there staff were very quick at doing it as well lets hope it stay like that with them . plus this is a big plus there internet is only £23.44 pm wanadoo was £27.99pm for the same connection 1meg so saving all round lol

Back