outlook 2007 problem with sending e-mails

tangoed_01

Inactive User
Reaction score
Tried to send an e-mail the other day but keep getting the error message, outlook carnt connect to outgoing smtp server. Error code 0x80042109 if problem continues contact your service provider. The setup is 50meg b/band with a dlink wireless router, my tower is running off a rj45 , and the laptop is wireless.Ive even restored the router to factory settings but no joy, i have no problems recieving mail but carnt send mail. Ive not added any new software, and if i totally disconnect the router and connect the pc or laptop direct to the cable modem everything works fine.Ihave contacted virgin to see if they could help, they couldnt but will send a new dlink wireless router. Could anybody offer any advice on how to resolve this problem
p.s ive even uninstalled outlook,then reinstalled outlook and all antivirus software and tried it that way but still have the same problem many thanks in advance for any advice. anybody got a spare hammer lol :arrrr:

Last edited by a moderator:
hi, cheers thecquest just to let ya know all the settings are right for the smtp settings as i said if i take the d link wireless router out of the setup everythings ok and i can send e-mails ,its only when the router is connected ive also done a factory restore on the d link and manually set up the router. But i still get the same error. i need wireless up and running as i use a psp iphone xbox360 and a ps3 and laptop , i dont want wires all over the place so need wireless. This only started a few days ago and im stumped as to exactly whats causing it. Virgin havent got a clue and are sending a new wireless router out i hope its a problem with the router. thanks for the advice so far will keep trying to sort it and will post a reply if i find out whats causing this

Last edited by a moderator:
Still a strange one this then. SMTP problems are most often down to wrong settings, in your case I guess outlook or whatever would be set to smtp.virgin.net, but as you say your problem is only when you put the dlink in.

Let me know if the replacement dlink cures the problem. I can't imagine why it would but you never know. If not maybe then we can take another look at what is going on.

Back