help configuering Lotus Notes 8.5 with hotmail

maggot

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hey guys I need help with getting Hotmail to work with Notes 8.5

Before I start my problems are not down to firewall issues or ports being blocked by my ISP as my other client works fine.

the settings are as follows

SMTP.live.com port 25 or 587 neither seem to work (ssl enabled)
POP3.live.com port 995 or 110

Right we can ignore the pop3 side of things because I have got it to recieve emails so thats all good, my problem is that I cant send emails.......

The error I get is SSL IO error. Remote session no longer responding.

This may be old information but if I remember didn't you need a client connector to make hotmail work from your desktop and the only one I came across was for MS Office (outlook). Even then you need a premium subscription.

I don't know if the live.com information applies to older hotmail accounts ?

yes your right you have to use the outlook connector to get all your folders and emails from hotmail into outlook, I think you can setup outlook without the connecter but that will only give you your inbox from hotmail.

As for doing this for lotus notes I had gave that idea a thought but couldnt see anything on the net that could help.

I'm running out of ideas to be honest maybe using my ISP smtp server would work ??? one to try later I guess thanks for the help, anyone else have any ideas ?

I have exactly the same.

Inbound is working fine, but can not send. Tried several settings, but no avail.

Have you found the solution ?

Back