oscam dm500 help please

Thanks for the info skygod.

I seem to be having problem installing oscam on me dm500.

Getting the not enough space message, space needed 6464kb, space available 1236kb.

I'm wondering if I've got the correct package.

Any 1 got a link to another oscam download?

Thanks for the info skygod.

I seem to be having problem installing oscam on me dm500.

Getting the not enough space message, space needed 6464kb, space available 1236kb.

I'm wondering if I've got the correct package.

Any 1 got a link to another oscam download?

ouch 6 mb - the binary is about 400k and config files around 3 k so not sure why the package is 6 mb.

I have the binary I can send to you if you wish, what image are you running

Is oscam being used to make the serve side more secure or the client side or both?

ouch 6 mb - the binary is about 400k and config files around 3 k so not sure why the package is 6 mb.

I have the binary I can send to you if you wish, what image are you running

This is the file I downloaded oscam-svn4980-light-Distribution.tar (Don't know what this is, obviously not just a bin file).

I'm using pli-Jade3-dm500-20090627-6494.

I've downloaded another bin file, give that a try later.

Try using these two files Mt8, I had the same problem and got it sorted using these.
Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Does the Pli in this have oscam installed on it?

The other file oscam-svn4754-powerpc-tuxbox, does this go in the same place as the CCcam?

Jfish; could you please send us the link for the Binary you're using.

Last edited:
This is the file I downloaded oscam-svn4980-light-Distribution.tar (Don't know what this is, obviously not just a bin file).

I'm using pli-Jade3-dm500-20090627-6494.

I've downloaded another bin file, give that a try later.

you downloaded the full package which includes all binaries for all hardware

The one for the dm500s is oscam-svnxxxx-powerpc-tuxbox and for the dm800 is oscam-svnxxxx-mips-tuxbox

on the jade 3 you cant install oscam via the addon server, you need to add it manually and congfigure pli jade 3 manually, I have a document I wrote and posted on this forum. But here it is again

Attachments

• MANUAL INSTALL OF OSCAM ON PLI JADE 3 ENIGMA 1 IMAGE.pdf
    41.3 KB · Views: 145
Im currenty running CCCam 2.2.1 on a Dm500 servier with clients using a mix of CCCam 2.1.4 and 2.2.1.
Can I just install OScam on the server as the card reader and still reshare out to CCCam 2.1.4 and 2.2.1 clients without having to change anything on the clients CCCam configs or also having to install OScam ?
Also will OScam auto update entitlements and on a 0963 White card in this setup ?
I've noticed some people seem to be dropping to CCCam 2.1.3 when using OScam,

Last edited:
assuming your just looking to clear UK m80

Where does the DVBApi file go?

I seem to be having trouble getting this this oscam thing to work.

Should the files in this package work as is with the addition of boxid?

Last edited:
Where does the DVBApi file go?

I seem to be having trouble getting this this oscam thing to work.

Should the files in this package work as is with the addition of boxid?

Though OSCAM can automaically read the box key from the card during boot, doesnt have to be manually entered,.

I had problems getting it to work as well manually installed on a OpenPli image, cant seem to open the card reader on the 500 /dev/sci0 according to errors in the log via web interface..

I will have another play with it...when I get the chance...

Though OSCAM can automaically read the box key from the card during boot, doesnt have to be manually entered,.

I had problems getting it to work as well manually installed on a OpenPli image, cant seem to open the card reader on the 500 /dev/sci0 according to errors in the log via web interface..

I will have another play with it...when I get the chance...

I have a card reader working fine on Jade 3 image on my 500

Im currenty running CCCam 2.2.1 on a Dm500 servier with clients using a mix of CCCam 2.1.4 and 2.2.1.
Can I just install OScam on the server as the card reader and still reshare out to CCCam 2.1.4 and 2.2.1 clients without having to change anything on the clients CCCam configs or also having to install OScam ?
Also will OScam auto update entitlements and on a 0963 White card in this setup ?
I've noticed some people seem to be dropping to CCCam 2.1.3 when using OScam,

a bit l8 m8 but people drop to cccam 2.13 if they wanna re-share a cline that they have no re-share rights to.

As for running Oscam server and keeping your clients running cccam you just activate the cccam protocol in oscam.conf and they will not need changing at their end.

a bit l8 m8 but people drop to cccam 2.13 if they wanna re-share a cline that they have no re-share rights to.

As for running Oscam server and keeping your clients running cccam you just activate the cccam protocol in oscam.conf and they will not need changing at their end.

Not sure why it wont read the card, using the internal card reader on the box, I may have set permissions on the OSCAM bin file wrong 755 instead of 775...not sure if that makes a difference. OSCAM runs because I can access the web interface, where I see the errors " cannot open device /dev/sci0 " the internal card reader.

Wont CCCAM reshare anyway, if I run both CCCAM and OSCAM on the server, and put an L- line into the CCCAM config ?

I was going to change the C-line on one of my clients to an L-line to see if I can use this client to send EMMS to server for update entitltements via CAMD3 protocol. So in OSCAM user I have 2 accounts, 1 for the server CCCAM account to connect CCCAM to OSCAM via L-Line, and One for the client from which I want to recieve EMMS.

I was then thinking I could leave the other clients alone (F-lines in CCAM config), was thinking CCCAM will reshare to them anyway becasue of the L-Line in CCCAM config on the server ? I can see that the server and client accounts connect to OSCAM succesfully via the web interface.

Should that work or have I got it completely twisted ?

You can use an L line to connect ot cccam in server box and then re-share around your clients using F lines in cccam.cfg if that is your preference but imo all that does is complicate it. If you just change the bit in oscam.conf from

[cs357x]
port = 17050

to

[cccam]
port = 17050

you will then change the method of connecting to oscam from camd35 to cccam and everything will be viewed under one webif. You can then have all your clients connecting direct to your oscam server which can only have a better effect on ecm times surely?

As for updating entitlements I beleive oscam can deal with that too. If you wanna pm me your oscam.server I'll take a look at it for you to see if I can spot anything stopping the reader working.

You can use an L line to connect ot cccam in server box and then re-share around your clients using F lines in cccam.cfg if that is your preference but imo all that does is complicate it. If you just change the bit in oscam.conf from

[cs357x]
port = 17050

to

[cccam]
port = 17050

you will then change the method of connecting to oscam from camd35 to cccam and everything will be viewed under one webif. You can then have all your clients connecting direct to your oscam server which can only have a better effect on ecm times surely?

As for updating entitlements I beleive oscam can deal with that too. If you wanna pm me your oscam.server I'll take a look at it for you to see if I can spot anything stopping the reader working.

That would be a lot easier yeah and remove the need for also running CCCAM seperately on the server..

Confusing though because the OSCAM Wiki says:

" AU over CCcam

Many people still use CCcam as client, but unfortunately AU will not work with the CCcam protocol. For AU to work, you should set up OScam and CCcam to use CAMD3 protocol, with an L line in CCcam.cfg. "

The only reason I was looking at th L-line to connect 1 client and the server to OSCAM was for the AU really and not hanving to mess with the configs on any of the other clients.

Im not at home at the minute, might take you up on the oscam server config check by PM, this evening when I get home cheers.

No probs m8. I may be wrong then about the updating entitlements. I thought it was possible. Best to double check.

If that is the case what you could do though is activate both camd35 and cccam in oscam.conf and just have an internal client on you lan connected using an L line and all the rest connecting using a C line. They will then all show up in same webif but you still get the one using L line for updating entitlements.

Hi Guys.

I have just relashed my DM500 with nabilosat darkhole, and installed the Oscam 4803 and Cccam2.1.3 from there server.
Now when I ftp to the box, I can go to var/tuxbox/config and see the following

enigma (dir)
tuxtxt (dir)
oscam.conf
oscam.dvbapi
oscam.provid
oscam.server
oscam.services
oscam.srvid
oscam.tiers
oscam.user

I edit oscam.conf and it has this info in it

#automatic build for BlackHole

[reader]
Label = Slot0
Protocol = internal
Device = /dev/sci0
#mhz = 600
#Fallback = 0
Group = 1
EMMCache = 1,3,2
boxid = 1A5A5A7A NOT REAL BOXKEY, JUST EXAMPLE
#Services = !sport,!calcio,!milan,!juventus,!inter,!roma,!mototv,!caccia_e_pesca,!classica,!prima_fila,!contotv
I now go into the softcam setting in the DM and set the default to Oscam4803 and Cccam2.1.3, I then restart the cam and also shutdown and reboot the box, but it wont clear any stations with my card in it?
Does anybody have any ideas?
Cheers
swanny

readers belong in oscam.server m8. keep eye on your pm

Cheers
I ahve put in the files from another post of yours and restarted the dreambox, it now reads the card and clears picktv, but I can not get the tm600 in the kitchen to work, in the http://192.168.0.13:10001/userconfig.html it shows I thought it would connect through the dvbapi?

Screenshot2011-05-14at095938.png

Cheers
I ahve put in the files from another post of yours and restarted the dreambox, it now reads the card and clears picktv, but I can not get the tm600 in the kitchen to work, in the

dvapi as far as I am aware, is only used when you want to use oscam as a softcam as well

I would set oscam to use newcamd as protocol and the tm600 should be configured with newcamd protocol

Back