Orange Upgrade - Help Choose Phone Pls

mobad

Inactive User
Reaction score
Guys Orange just gave me a fantastic deal IMO -
Im currently on £35 a month and I get 2550 x-net mins, unlimited text and a magic number.

The new improved offer consists of 2800 mins, 500 text (as I dont use more then 150 texts a month), unlimited internet usage and a brand new phone for £45 a month.

The phones is what is stopping me going ahead with the contract -
HTC Diamond - free
Samsung Tocco - free
Blackberry Ball - free
N95 8gb £49.99
Samsung Omnia i900 - £49.99

Which phone do I go for and do you think retentions will be able to reduce this to £40 a month as I was a very heavy user on the network?

I love my n95 8gb.

But I wouldnt pay them a penny for it. Cancel, and wait until the last day.

12 or 18 mth?

Guys Orange just gave me a fantastic deal IMO -
Im currently on £35 a month and I get 2550 x-net mins, unlimited text and a magic number.

The new improved offer consists of 2800 mins, 500 text (as I dont use more then 150 texts a month), unlimited internet usage and a brand new phone for £45 a month.

The phones is what is stopping me going ahead with the contract -
HTC Diamond - free
Samsung Tocco - free
Blackberry Ball - free
N95 8gb £49.99
Samsung Omnia i900 - £49.99

Which phone do I go for and do you think retentions will be able to reduce this to £40 a month as I was a very heavy user on the network?

Ive got the omnia and can say its a great phone, with orange you will get the 16GB version which is even better

Don't think you should have to pay given the price of your monthly contract.

I'd go for the N95 out of those.

Does my contract for £45 a month seem reasonable or should I be able to get it cheaper?

im thinking of the Omnia, its worth £400+ offline.
Should I pay £50 or should I be able to get it for free

45 per month is a rip off 3 do 1200 mins / texts for 24 per month i know their phones are old but good value calls

My bills are normally between £100 - £200 so £45 might be saving me allot?
Having said that I need my mins to be around 2800 as my current usage is 2550 and im sitll over using them.

Ive just got off the phone to an Orange rep and he said Omnia has many issues.
Im thinking to go for the 8gb but its exactly the same as my Standard N95 just enhanced it a bit with more memory.

Any sugestions pls?

£45 is a very good offer you have there, but if you go to retensions you will get a better deal,

advisor one may give you a offer, but dont accept it

to get my tarif it took 5 calls to orange, yes 5,

it all depends what advisor you get.

Just checked out the i900 via the net, defo is a iphone killer get that if you can

Hi guys, ive spoken to 4 people from retentions so far and they said its all down to points and the system and they can't get it lower. They have tried a few times through the point system but couldnt.
The i900 was what I was going to purchase but the advisor from retentions said it had software faults at present and very slow?

What should I do?

Why dont you wait another month ?

Oct is quarter 4 and new phones will be coming out, like the n96, n96 will be one of the best phones out there

will be launching in oct

The N96 worrys me because of the expected battery life at 230min talk time.
Where as the Omnia around 300mins+

Plus the features/specs dont seem too different to the N95 8gb?

I got my N95 8gb 9 months ago with Voda and got it free on a 12 month contract because I asked for a pac code to leave (they wanted £150 previously). My point is that you need to push them more, as long as they think you won't walk you wont get zip.

I obviously would go for the N95 8gb but wouldnt pay for it.

Battery life if moderate, I have had a lot better but also a lot worse.

Hope this helps,

Messa

i work for Orange and the best phone out there is eather the Diamond or the Omnia, if it was me i would personally go with the Omnia as i deal with faults all the time with the Diamond. Anyways, the deal you are on seems like the they have tweeked it already, so i doubt they will be able to knock it down to £40.

One peace of advice i will give u though is make sure u ask when all your mins run out etc, cos the deal u previously had (the Dolphin 35 with 2000 extra mins) that was a promotion that was on for a certain period of time and i dare say that the mins will run out shortly, so b4 u sign up again, double check when all mins/promotions expire.

Hope this helps,

Dave

Just spoke to Retentions again because my overdue bill which I paid off on Friday had been processed, so I wanted to know if it made any difference on my points.

I was able to find out I had 590 points.
My august bill was for £189 and this months bill was for £240.

He at first was unable to give me a good offer.
Started off with Panther 75 for £50 a month and then when mentioned I spoke to some one before he then got me the same contract.
I told him I need somthing at £35 (my current tarriff) so he worked out -

2400x-net mins
500 text
unlimited internet
Tocco + 4gig memory card for free
for £40 a month

According to him thats the best deal he could get me with my points.

I'm thinking of calling in next time on Monday and say I am going to leave as ive spent so much (ive worked it out to be around £2000) in the last 12 months and still they are unable to get me somthing for £35-£40 with the mins I require.

Right gave up on retentions as none of tha agents could get it for less.
In the end I went for -

£45 a month
2800 x-net mins
500 text
Unlimited Internet
Omnia £20

yeah as they using up all my points, I could of got the phone for free if I dropped 1000 x-net mins.

Back