Opinions please

shaun127

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
We Don't Do Walking Away. I would rather die with
Ok so I need a new PVR with twin tuner, I don't have SKY or Virgin TV only freeview but I have a Sat dish pointing at 28 whatever and twin shotgun cable installed already.
My Freeview PVR is giving up the ghost so I was going to by a Humax Freesat PVR which would cost me @ £250, then i thought maybe buy a Vu+ Solo2 install a HDD and use that instead while its still possible to get certain other things cheaper than through official channels;).

I know I would need to find some kind person to help me out with this lol.

Incidently would this cost me double if I wanted to put a cheaper box in the kids bedroom

Now I know nothing of Sat TV or these or any other sat boxes so.........

My questions are:

Are the vu+ boxes easy for the wife to use, one button record or is it a sequence of button presses and is the EPG accessible with a one button press or is that a sequence of buttons to get to.

and is it worth paying the extra for the solo2 than say a duo ? original as I dont want a clone.

Now I'm just thinking out loud and would appreciate some feedback, its not definite yet

Thanks for reading

Solo2 Is a great box shaun, if you buy one all you would need for the kids room is a cheap open box like a skybox or F3 etc, It wont take you long to read up and decide which one you want, they all cost around £50 and will be great for the kids room.

As for the recording you just look through the epg and select the prog you want, and click on set timer, most Images are the same mate your wife will be fine, my can use them and shes is the dumbest female Ive ever had the pleasure to meet LOL

You have helped me out loads in the past, so when your ready jump on msn are sommick mate, and I will talk you through Cccam help you with the configs and help you set up and stuff.

I can also point you in the right direction for some great sites with free servers and shares etc and also some cheap pay ones that have everything you can find.

Last edited:
I've been using the VU+ Duo for awhile now and its been amazing, my girl loves it, she has all her series links setup on it, only took her a day to learn how to use it

i have solo2 it a lot faster than duo more flash gig of lan its a very nice box only thing is the tuners not plugin like duo

i agree with solo2, i've gone from openbox s9 to solo2 and i think it's great and i use it as a media player aswell...stevo

Back