openelec tvhead probs

anybody noticed in channel management when you go to create a channel it doesn't save when you reboot your box there gone
or is it me sure I'm doing it right or can this be done with tvheadend on your pc

do all your channel management within tvheaded, you can change the channel number there by the order add tags (floders / favourites) its alll there in tv headend

EDIT - you should have your guide noww it gets it OTA so 1st time take a little while

in tvhead just created a folder movies then saved but doest show in the groups
didnt add any channels couldnt see how to
sorry jonmmm but im lost again mate

Configuration - Channel/EPG

On the line of the channel you wish to add to a group come over to the Tag - double click, click the down arrow, check the groups you want to add the channel to

only channels i see are in the epg tab aprox 160 progams or more not channels just listings
when i select the channels tags tab i see 8 default channel groups bskyb radio all channels and so on

im thinking maybe i missed somthing at the begging of tuning maybe

hangon sorted it phew
should keep me buisy sorry about sounding like a numpty
one last question can you add picons from a path/drive/usb and i presume this is done through tvhead

thanks again

I think you can, but have never bothered so cant help with that one

If you have an android device you may want to install TVHClient, it allows you to record serieses etc

The next thing that I want to do is right a tut using

Rat's Bouquets E2 SD FTA HD

E22THV to move it to TV head end

Then a very quick tut to instal an NLine.

Think that would be all you need and think it could all be done in about 10 mins.

Problem is I really like my set up and dont want to ruin it to try

now that would be cool
mine is getting better thanks to you its head scratching time taking but the results are woth it
leaving tv channel side alone tonight going to sort out skin and apearence and addons
going to use stable adds like pheonix and exodus so kodi doesnt freeze and get bogged up avoiding the live tv adds as they cause alot of problems dont need them with dvb s not worth it
can you recomend a skin or addons

Mimic is a great skin.

Really good for long distance TV veiwing, so in the EPG you may not get as many channels per page but they are bigger and viewable.

You also get to set up yuor own menus and sub menus.

As for addons for me Exudos does it all - Put it in the main menu

yeah used mimic before but tried it yesterday and it wont install very odd downloads but get installation fail error

sorted yes looks alot cooler with mimic and great and easy custum settings

Back