Openbox - which one?

ish_e

DW Member ++
Reaction score
hi guys,

looking for a cheap openbox, which is the best one to get?
are they linux...is it possible to FTP into it to update ccam, newcamd, mgcamd files?

been looking at s11...are the other ranges any better?

thanks

depends what you want ie 1 or 2 scart sockets
not linux
not possible to ftp into them (but you can use their own version of ftp udp)
they are all clones of the s9 and vary in quality
edogg

Would also add that its cery easy to update via usb and at around £60 delivered the open s11 is good value for money.tv boquets are also updated regular for these boxes

thanks guys...hoping it was linux :-(
looking for cheap HD box for a mate so that i can easily connect to it remotely to update the relevant files (not upgrading f/w or anything)

is there good support for the newer models?
any recommendation on other cheap HD linux boxes?

cheers

as said above it is very simple to update files from the usb in fact i would say (My personal opinion) it is easier to do than using ftp to a linux box as no computer knowledge is needed

edogg

As said by the guy's above, they are really easy to do any kind of update, whether it is the channel lists or the software itself,I have only simple knowledge and I find my S10 really easy to update, cannot really imagine this process being any simpler!, A BIG THANK YOU to all the guy's who's posts have helped me along the way.:Cheers:

I too find my openbox very easy to use.
A quick flash via USB initially and upload of a channel list, been fine ever since.
My linux box was needing tweaks every few weeks.

Hello,
Please go for the Openbox S12. It's cheap and it work great. It support cccam and it's good to work as cccam client.

cheers

I think they seems to be all same with slight difference.

The advantage of the S12 is the smaller size. Image seems better even on coaxial. Support limited on S12 as it's new.

s12 works with inethds12 firmware which is usually the latest firmware,so I wouldn't say they are clones.

there is no one openbox factory,so you can say all openbox receivers are clones of the russian openbox.

I would go for the abcrypto box hd much better box in my opinion.

Back