Linux One for Him and Her - SFTP ?? port 22

neorage

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Right a site i work on has been moved off its user friendly cpanel operated hosting to a friend of a friend running an apache web server that i have to do everything via ssh atm.

no standard ftp protocol installed however sftp apparently is. Filezilla returns an exit code 127 when connecting via sftp protercall on port 22..

so im either assuming its being run on another port or im going ass about face to do this just to get some files uploded.

in an unrelated matter... while also setting folder and file permissions i noticed alot of the files listed show up as red in putty mainly tar.gz files ( when viewed using ls -l command) now is the the server overriding me when i try to set the permissions or making them as dagerous..

only contact i have with the server owner atm is via email and is taking a while for a reply..

all i wanna do is fix the website so it will allowed attachments to b e uploaded again :bangshead::bangshead::bangshead::bangshead:

Can you access the site with SSH (say using Putty)

Managed to sort it. Turns out filezilla isn't as compatible with sftp as it says. Used wincap without any issue :)

Back