Numorous problems With dm800 clone!! Disappearing epg etc...

gersrt

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi

Haven't got my dm800 clone to work stable yet.

The biggest annoyance is the epg keeps disappearing.

I have it set up to save to the hard drive, using the latest dream elite image.
I download the epg from rytec, and its fine, populates almost every chanel for days.

But after a few hours everything is gone again, and I have to download again.

The only thing that I can think of is, im using a plugin that continuosly time shifts when you change channel, so you can rewind what you have been watching without having to have paused first.

Also I get a fair few crashes/green screens. Now interestingly enough i did notice on the last crash something about the epg.

And finally, i would really love to get the youtube plugin working, but it keeps on saying video not availible.

Thanks Guys for all your help in the past

Ger

Cheers mate, looks good il give it a try.

Time to change image again uggh!!!! lol

Hi,
I never had much luck with hiphop but find rytec very reliable,could it be worth a try using a usb pendrive to store the epg in case the timeshift plugin is corrupting the HDD. Its easy to set up with a different path.
Good Luck
Aus

The same happens to me if I reboot my box for any reason. There are ways to get round it as noted above, I just haven't tried em yet.

The same happens to me if I reboot my box for any reason. There are ways to get round it as noted above, I just haven't tried em yet.

I'm having the same issue on Dream Elite.
If I plug out the box the epg is deleted.I'm using a usb pendrive to store the epg.
I had the same problem with Nabilo BH 12.

Using Satmate, Rytec, etc for the epg, the data will be lost every time you turn of the power, or do a restart, there's nothing you can do about it. Also the epg data is better stored on a usb stick rather than a hdd, just for the sake of wakening the hdd up, and there is not so much waiting as a usb is more or less instant.

I am using the oplenPli image with my DM800, and have a network mount. The EPG is working great, never have any issues even after a reboot.

I do have a similar problem with my DM600, where the EPG disappears and only returns after I manually download it, maybe an image issue

Frenchman

Back