NTL dial-up connection droplem

D

djmoore

hello every1, this is my first post! ive 'moved' from digital spy.

i have NTL freedom, and i have to connect via its own dialer. i want to be able to automatically reconnect after the two-hour limit, NTLs dialer does not allow this.

i have tried making a new connection and using windows' own dialer but i can see that when i connect via NTLs dialer, there is this huge prefix, which i cant enter under the 'create new connection' wizard.

help!
DJ Moore

To do a ****al connection setup for NThelL dial-up you will firstly need to remove all the software installed from them.

Then you can set up a new connection.
To do this you will need to know your
Username
Password
Email Address
also the dial up number which is 08005190100
and the pop which is pop.ntlworld.com
and the smtp which is smtp.ntlworld.com

If this still don't work which it should as this is what i used to do.

then give us a shout again with more details as what is wrong.

Cheers

NTL are soon changing their dial up numbers so it is probly best you use the new one, once you have setup the connection in network connections right click it and get the props up for it, then if you select the advanced tab (I think) you should see a box that says 'reconnect if line is dropped', put a tick in that box and that should sort you out.:T

I have done it myself so if you have any problems let me know.

Originally posted by Tech Babe
I have done it myself so if you have any problems let me know.

I have also done this myself, but without removing the ntl software 1st, then the man ual setup wont configuire cos the ntl software will always overide this.

Trust me on this 1.
I proved ntl wrong myself about the same thing cos they said you couldn't access the connection without the software. Which in a sense is true if you have it installed.

Well all I did was create a new internet conection using the wizard to dial the new phone number with the prefix in, then altered the settings to redial if line is dropped, works fine for me and I'm a girl.

Surely you males can work it out...lol

Maybe you should stick to swinging in trees.

Oh as for the software all you need do is select this new connection as your default connection and the software won't come into play.

Oh how I love NTL Freedom....

Whatever I still beg to differ with you. but if you reckon then who am i to argue.

Only a guy that used ntl dial-up while you where still at school.

Oh until i got 1meg broadband that was

but the jist is still the same.

So your not using dial up at the moment, yet I am. So would that not put me in a better position to know what does work and what does not, after all I AM using this method at the moment and IT IS working fine for me.

Bye.

please this guy came here for help not a row :)

please can we both set a better example !!

Hope you got ur answer out of this djmoore
by the way welcome to the forum and no its not always like this we normaly always get on like a house on fire. lol

Im still laughing every time I read tech babe's last post :D

*Edit*

BTW Chris m8, she's right I just tried it on my bro's PC and it worked fine ;)

Oh and chris_uk, don't you know by now a women is always right !

Hmm, I think you mean 'A woman always "thinks" she is right even when she isnt'

Your a fiesty one arent you......

:)

Back