NTL Box - no sound please help

0609nicci

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi Guys

I have a chipped ntl box and i for some reason there is no sound. All the programmes are there and i have checked the settings. I can here sound when i change the reminder settings but for some reason the is no sound on the channels. I have swapped it over with my other chipped box and it works fine so there must be a problems with the box itself.

Can anyone help please. Even if you could tell me where in glasgow i could go to get if fixed.

Any help appreciated.

Many Thanks

Nic

have you tried the volume button on your NTL remote, not tv remote.

8 is best, but check yours.

had the same problem with my 4001
try using the other scart socket (if u have one) on the back of the box

Hi

Thanx for the advice. I have tried the volume on both the tv and box and even tried swapping the box to my other tv and scart nothing works.

:confused:

Nic

I cant find the engineers settings. I went into setting and check the audio settings and they are fine but i cant find anything that says engineers settings.

Thanks

was it ok before ya messed on with it m8 or did ya just dive straight in?
could be a faulty scart socket or caps on the board around the scart araea

to get to the engineers menu. Pull the power cable from the back of the box, hold in the up and down buttons on the front of the box, replace the cable whilst continueing to hold down the buttons. Hold the buttons in until the word diag is displayed on the front panel, then release and the box should go into the eng menu. DONT CHANGE ANYTHING YOU AREN'T SURE OF. MOVE THROUGH THE PAGES USING THE LEFT AND RIGHT KEY UNTIL YOU FIND THE VOLUME / AUDIO SETTING.

Hi i looked throught the engineers options and couldnt find anything to do with volume. I didnt change anything.

The had no sound when i went into settings and looked to see if it was muted anywhere.

Does anyone know where in glasgow i could take it to be fixed. I cant work out whats wrong.

It is definately not the tv or scart leads. My other box works fine.:CRYBABY:

Doubt very much if it will help but i have seen this once before caused by a burnt out track. If you look around the right hand side of u2500 (just above the battery) the very outside track of 4 running upwards toward the rf modulator you might find a break in the link. I haven't had time to trace this line so don't know where on the board it comes from or goes to, to suggest a direct link wire to eliminate incase the break is hidden under a chip. Like previous threads have stated it could also be related to u/s surface mounnt capacitors.

Have you got the scart in the correct hole in stb IE VCR TV.Failing that do a reset.diggers post above could sort it also,but if not do as I suggest and reset,then report.

Back