ntl and tw new config names

need help please can anyone tell me the filename for a 10mb mac for ntl on a sb4100i

cheers

bladesftp said:
need help please can anyone tell me the filename for a 10mb mac for ntl on a sb4100i

cheers

cmreg-mota4100-bund03.cm
cmreg-ntlhm120-unltd01.cm

both work on my 10M 4100i :)

hello i checked on da ntl page and 4mb is out so can som1 tell me if da config for it or is it still da same as before (da 2mb cofig)

just a quick one. while scanning i get some which dont have any config names, should i just discard them or would they still work for someone? also is there a way i could check that what i scan would work so when i trade i dont give out useless ones
Thanx for any help

madnlooney said:
just a quick one. while scanning i get some which dont have any config names, should i just discard them or would they still work for someone? also is there a way i could check that what i scan would work so when i trade i dont give out useless ones
Thanx for any help
I think that the macs with no config names are legit cable tv boxes(talkback intact) and are of no use for modems.
As for checking if mac reaped in your own area you could probably briefly get a connection if the modem you were clonning was ofline at the time,no use long term though.

Hi guyz

Im new to this modem lark....Could some one tell me the difference between these two?

stb-cpe2-1024-256 and cm-10240-384

im guessing there both 10meg?

Ive scanned these from my own area so what would happen if i used them myself?

Can someone tell me, are these config files still perfectly fine to use on a surf 4100i Ntl, (see attachment) ? to get 10mb speed i mean.

edit :>> and does the config file name need to be the same as the mac your using, I.E - a 120 mac with a 120 config file etc, or can you use a 120 config with a 250 mac etc ?? you know what i mean ?

Last edited:
Hey treats if u look closely one is actuallly a one meg line but i'm not sure of what the code is before the first one it will probably have a specific use but i am unaware of it.
the second is definately a 10meg wi a 384k upload for a CM cable Modem.

treats said:
Hi guyz

Im new to this modem lark....Could some one tell me the difference between these two?

im guessing there both 10meg?

Ive scanned these from my own area so what would happen if i used them myself?

Treats telepest do a internet connection through your set top box STB (cablebox) which is the stb 1024 blah blah and the cm 10240 blah blah is a cable modem mac...
10240 is 10meg and the 1024 is 1meg, using either of them in the same ubr will cause it to go off and on every couple of mins
There for no point

Last edited:
so im guessing a cmreg-mota4100-bund03.cm config would get 10megs on an ntl link if i had a mac

also picked this up and not sure what it is cmwsi-ntlhm120-2048-aol.cm

Last edited:
Dublin

Anyone a "config file name" I could use for a ambit (250 mac) on a SB5100 in Dublin.

Thanx.

madnlooney said:
so im guessing a cmreg-mota4100-bund03.cm config would get 10megs on an ntl link if i had a mac

also picked this up and not sure what it is cmwsi-ntlhm120-2048-aol.cm

yeh its been posted before, look at the previous pages.

I am awaiting on what ntl is going to do about Sky offering 16mb broadband.

They have to up their game.

I have the below

cmreg-ntlhm100-bund03.cm

Is this a high band v 10mb ?

hey i have also got a 10meg would you lik to swap???

Leicester MACs

I have a few nfds10 (Leics) 10megs and looking for nfds9 or 11. or any other close ones.

Give me a shout if wanting to swap

Back