ntl 250 problem

jrg

Inactive User
Reaction score
i have a hacked 250 modem and i dont know what is wrong with it, it seems to only work with my own mac address(subbed one) have my missed anything on my cable modem settings? when i input other mac's into the modem, it give ip beggining with 81 which dont work. my subbbed ip is 82. all frequencies and other settings are right, works on my mates in a different area. Any help would be appreciated

I've tried using others from other ubr's in nottingham but still gives me the same problem

I've tried using others from other ubr's in nottingham but still gives me the same problem
if the modem works fine with ur subbed mac then the macs ur using r either unregister macs (offline) or they r too far away

if the modem works fine with ur subbed mac then the macs ur using r either unregister macs (offline) or they r too far away

I agree m8 if your IP ends between 248 - 255 then the macs are unreg or noserv, basically like gentlex said they're too far away. Download the Haynes and read the chapters on UBR's, theirs a link so you can check your UBR and your mates UBR, and see if theirs a difference between the two.

For instance here's an example of a Bolton UBR

cpc1-bolt1-0-0-cust666.manc.cable.ntl.com

So Macs from bolt2, bolt3, bolt4, ect, ect, ect.......... will work on bolt1.

You'll notice theirs a customer number, cust666, this relates to your IP, I've edited that number incase it was from somebodies sub, so just be carefull if your gonna post a UBR address on the open forum, it's fine if you edit out the customer number.

Regards

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for that lads, turns out I was trying to use a MAC from the nottingham server but turns out I needed one for the basford part of nottingham, working spot on now. Thanks for your help big time

Last edited:
Back