Nowtv error 014 and android TV

Bk456

Inactive User
Reaction score
My dads Nowtv box won't connect anymore with 014 error. Was working perfect for ages. Tried resetting box and using troubleshooting steps as discussed widely over most forums to disable network pings. I've brought down my own Nowtv thinking it would definitely work but same error.

My m8 android TV box also won't connect. This is very strange

I've also changed network channel from 3 to 9. Rebooted hub, still no joy

Running bt broadband with hub 2

update have also tried m8 on Ethernet connection with static and dhcp settings. This is really strange. I'm no expert but no novice either

Sounds like a router issue. Try rebooting it again, but leave it off for at least 30 seconds.

Is there a computer connected to the router? I'd be checking the config, logs etc via the router's web GUI.

Resetting your now TV box/error code 14

On the main menu please enter the following sequence of keys in fairly quick succession

Home (5x)

FF

play

RR

Play

FF

Once you've done this after a second or two secret screen will pop-up. Here you should see two options. You will be interested in.

Disable network pings.

System reset (Standard reset not hard reset you will not need to re-enter your details into the box)

I would recommend that you disabled network pings and then restart your now TV box. Quite a lot of routers don't like the way the box behaves when network pings are enabled

How do I turn off BT Access Control for a device?
You can easily turn off Access Control by deleting the settings you made on the BT Access Control page in the Hub Manager. Here's how:
Open your web browser and go to http://bthomehub.home to open the Hub Manager.
Click the Configure button next to BT Access Control.
You'll be asked to enter your username and password.
Click the Delete button next to the device you want to remove from the BT Access Control list.
Click the Apply butto

Back