Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Not many of the old school left

wheres the actual DW thread, thats the belter other than the fact he did it the post just is awesome.

I rekon he slipped up.
He could have got off with it if he lodged a special plea of alibi stating that it wasnt him as he was too busy posting on DW. That coont could post a 1000 posts a week

Re: My Status

Aye dont get me wrong im not digging at the current crop far from it but i just think the old school had it sussed, balance i hear? well yes balance is needed you cant let people run away with the forum but sometimes balance isnt there its just what one person decides and the old crop had it sussed, it didnt matter if they didnt like something - it still stood, recently (and by that i dont mean the last few months) things have been removed and edited down to personal opinion and not because it was bad or over the mark.

Im all for keeping the ship running along without major hassles and as stated im not having a dig at the newer mods but the older crew let things go that they didnt like, I think you need to remember that, just because you dont like it doesnt mean it hasnt got a place on here, we are all different and post in different ways with varying degrees of cheeky piss taking and feck you type posts but i have seen posts removed and edited just because someone took it on themselves that "they" didnt like it.

I dont want to turn this thread into a big debate and ruin the original post and im not having a dig BUT what i am saying is it was better before as the mods knew the line and only really acted if that line was crossed and these days posts are edited and removed due to personal feelings on said matters.

mods should moderate (look at the word moderate - look it up in the dictionary) and only act when its called for and not when its not liked by them.

carry on, read it in context with how its posted, Im reminiscing about the old crew and not moaning at the new breed ;)

edit: typing as the post above was posted so didnt see.

We're still around mate just got a lot of family and personal troubles at the moment so don't spend much time on here or anywhere else at the moment but do still do a lot of reading on here

Just read the whole 17 pages lol brilliant
Few blasts from the past in there, good old davidh too :)

Just read the whole 17 pages lol brilliant
Few blasts from the past in there, good old davidh too :)
good guy for a scouser ;) some windup times between all in the football threads,happy days

now we just have poor little miggy :(

good guy for a scouser ;) some windup times between all in the football threads,happy days

now we just have poor little miggy :(

Yea mt we would have been preparing for war around now lol one of the good ones he was but how he never banned me ill never know.

I do remember when I was a Super Mod, then this status was abolished so ended up as a Mod. Had to pack it in, in the end due to family commitments changing.

However I do remember the good old days and how, we all helped each other laughed with & at each other.

I even remember when some of us used to change members statuses and profile pics etc etc.

However the web has changed so much members have came n gone & things have had to become a bit more politically correct (but that's the world as we now know it).

Back then we had Huggi / Scoot / DavidH and many more times where fun.

However as a member of 11 years I have noticed how the forum in general has changed, peoples attitudes, etc, the Mods do a great job at trying to keep things right & I would like to take this opportunity to praise them as I know how hard it is doing your job.

Well done lads and good to luck to present & future mods.

I also remember when we had the digiworld hub originally started by the late great Davidh, this again used to help people share but we had some good times in there also. I also remember Dutcho tried to retrieve this a few years ago and it didn't quite take off. Maybe someone could try this again as it does help relax a few people.

Last edited:
joined in 2005 so fairly newish,was in a n other forum before but not gezt.
I think since then things inevitably alter, thommos post over the years gives insight to many argumentative but valid discussions which i for one have enjoyed. Occasionally there have been the less welcome members who have been quickly cropped from the membership. What i do like is the way the forum has evolved from just a place to get the latest fun card numbers to all the different sub forums we have today.
Thats down to the members suggestions/the mods admittance to being subservient and micks choice of ale for that particular night, which all in all has made a reasonably good site.
I do enjoy this place,it gives me friends i have never met (i don't need to buy a pint for but would gladly accept one off)
It makes me laugh, learn,listen,and try and help.
Sometimes it make me cry...Davidh amongst others who gave his all till the last.
More often it's a place i come too ,to escape and learn off others and also to see what other people are doing with their lives, you know, a new den with all sorts in.new kids.new loves,life etc.
It's our world in here ,all are welcome except idiots. all are treated as friends.It's not a real world but when you rad who helped who in here then it's our Universe.

God that was a rabble of a post ooppss sorry

Back