Phone Unlocking nokia n80 lost now found can i unbarr it

sammy1234

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi guys i lost my n80 a while back and claimed on my insurance for a new phone. i have recently found the phone again but it will not connect to the network so i guess orange have barred the phone. is there any way of unlocking the phone to work again. cheers

you can change the imei but not sure if you can do it with new nokias anymore so maybe not, but if you could get it done it will cost you alot and is against the law the only other way is to call orange they can un barr it but dont know because of the insurance claim, failing everything sell the phone abroad will work in another country as long as it is unlocked

no i lost the phone it died so couldnt find it, now found it and its obviously barred now after i claimed on insurance. however now ive found it i was gonna try an unbarr it so my mrs can use it. so just need to clarify if nokia n80s can be unbarred?
cheers

was it a all network fone , if it was try a diff sim in it and see if that works as then u will know its only the orange that u cant use in it , alternatively take it to get it unlocked and see if it can be done

As far as I am aware the phone will now technically belong to the insurance company.

Anyway, unblocking is illegal in the UK (5 years jail and unlimited fine IIRC).

As the others have said Orange will be able to guide you better on this...

ring up orange mate chances are thay want the phone back but if your lucky might let you keep it for a small fee
had similar sito a while back thay let me keep the phone and charged me half of what the phone was worth at that time
so might be worth a go

"unblocking" is only acheived by changing the phones IMEI, which is illegal.. serious jail penalty for doing so, as mentioned your best bet is to contact orange, otherwise eBay it to someone abroad as it will work fine outside the UK

Back