No Pay Channels Even With new K*ys

tekno_tatts

New Member ++
Reaction score
I recently picked up an old nokia dbox2 which i was told was faulty, but having pretty decent knowledge of these things I decided to try my hand at fixing it.

I have tried several different images old and new and the same problem keeps arising.

FTA channels all work no problem so the tuner must be fine but I cannot seem to access any of the pay channels even when the most recent keys and AU are installed on the box!

Can anyone help me with this before I go insane.

I noticed that this particular dbox is an older box as it displays 16/00/08 when booting up.

Have you tired importing services and bouquets from a working box?

check the signal comming into the box by pressing red then blue and compare to a working box?

let us know what happens...

Have you tired importing services and bouquets from a working box?

check the signal comming into the box by pressing red then blue and compare to a working box?

let us know what happens...

I used my services and bouquets from my own working nokia dbox2, i used these on several images and each and every time the FTA channels all worked perfect however the Premium channels wouldn't unlock even though I took the k*ys from my working box as well.

sounds like a memory issue, your nokia only has 16 MB of ram so it it wont have enough to run full image and an emu. Check the memory module hasn't come loose, have a look in pt1's helpfile it'll show you where to find it under hardware/memory. There were some skinny images that could run on boxes with low ram, you might be able to get it to run with one of these.

thebigman

Cheers mate, where can i find pt1's help file and where would i be able to get these skinny images from?

The help file is a sticky in this section HERE commando laid bare should do it if you need a skinny image.

thebigman

Last edited by a moderator:
many thanks

will the lhc - no frills image come under skinny images?

any one know wheer i can get a blade :BLOBBY::BLOBBY:quad image x1????????

Nice hijack, kaiser!!

@tekno-tatts: No offence to Gav's No Frills image, but available Free Space in this doesn't come anywhere near what you'll find in \/irgin+ 2.1 Lite

If it's not hosted on here, then you'll find it at h**p://www.mercs.us/Dbox.htm

Good luck! Cheers- AL :)

I can thoroughly recommend the v2.1 image, been using it since September and had no problems whatsover with it.

OK- Commando 11 Laid Bare on here in the morning...

telnet_df.png

By the time 5 files are added in one folder, and one (755) file added in another- there should still be 3MB Free... It's up to SP2 Level too (I think!)

Cheers- AL :)

Back