No cuts to GTA IV as BBFC clears game for release

mxwizard

Inactive User
Reaction score
UK ratings authority the BBFC has given Rockstar's Grand Theft Auto IV the all clear for release with no cuts made to the content of the game.

The board came to the decision after viewing over five hours of gameplay footage and almost eight minutes worth of cutscene content.

The latest title in the 66 million-selling franchise is due for release at the end of this month, and is likely to become one of the biggest games of the year.

The series has never been afraid to offer mature content and GTA IV looks to continue to court controversy, with the BBFC noting the game contains "strong violence, very strong language, very strong sex references and drugs use," with further detailed acts including blood spray, masturbation and cocaine snorting.

Last year the BBFC banned Rockstar title Manhunt 2 from release in the UK, but after a lengthy battle, the Video Appeal Committee sided with the publisher and has now cleared the game for release.

Grand Theft Auto IV is due for release April 29 in Europe. The game is rated 18

Source: GamesIndustry.Biz

contains "strong violence, very strong language, very strong sex references and drugs use," with further detailed acts including blood spray, masturbation and cocaine snorting.

pmsl....masturbation and cocaine snorting :wtf: lol

no doubt someome will play the game and then say it was the game which made them kill someone or some parent will moan its too violent for the kid even tho its an 18

no doubt someome will play the game and then say it was the game which made them kill someone or some parent will moan its too violent for the kid even tho its an 18

Certainly sounds about right mate ;)

lol...you wont miss out anyway mate....we'll have you sorted by the time it's released ;)

someone will say i played this game and instead of killing someone it made me masturbate

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Certainly be a good shout for anyone appearing in court on drugs charges.... "No Sir...I'm innocent... its that GTA game made me do it" lol

Back