Nintendo wii comes to ps3!

If nothing else, it keeps an upwardly mobile post count.

You biter.

;)

You're not gonna let that go are you?! ;) Just as well I proved my points ages ago! :banana: Not the first time wont be the last but I'm so proud lol! :p

It' s all about the post count.

Post count = Alpha Male with large penis and no Homosexual thoughts.

Nintendo pwnz CD-ROM, not SONY.

It' s all about the post count.

Post count = Alpha Male with large penis and no Homosexual thoughts.

Nintendo pwnz CD-ROM, not SONY.

Hey just because I used to get called "little man" once upon a time is no need to brag about your much larger post count! :p

About your point, Nintendo pwnz CD-ROM - You sure about that ?? CD, DVD, Blu Ray ? All on Sony consoles first. Which brings me nicely to.....

Nintendo later pulled out of the deal and left SONY in the lurch after spending many millions in research.

SONY then decided that what they had created was a good basis for a games console, and so the Playstation was born.

Oh I knew this, I just didn't think it was relevant as it really doesn't matter. Nintendo may have approached Sony but they also pulled out of the R&D or Sony left or they fell out whatever actually happened and basically end of the day Nintendo opted to keep with the cartridges for the SNES - and more to the point Sony were still the ones to evolve the games console back then by releasing a console that evolved the format and also Microsoft did their bit to evolve the console gaming platform as well, to that end we see the fruits of it today between Blu Ray gaming on the PS3 and the Xbox Live on the 360 and to that extent between them and the Wii all companies are still involved are still innovating and copying. Man, this is easy! ;)

Going to sleep now. :)

Last edited:
Oh I knew this, I just didn't think it was relevant as it really doesn't matter.

Of Course you didn't!

It's so irrelevant, as it's an essential point in the history of gaming consoles.

Only irrelevant to Sony Fan boys.

Man, this is easy

Tell me about it.

Last edited:
Unrelated, but I'd like to tell everyone about my latest eBay bargain, a fully boxed SEGA Dreamcast, 2 pads, 2 VMU, Keyboard, Shenmue, Illbleed, Sonic and Sword of the Bezerk all for £25 including delivery.

Viva la retro!

Ill give you £35 for it posted :proud:

Of Course you didn't!

It's so irrelevant, as it's an essential point in the history of gaming consoles.

Only irrelevant to Sony Fan boys.

You say it like I'm a Sony fanboy.....So how's it relevant to the debate then ? Because ultimately it doesn't change the fact that Nintendo stuck to cartridges for the Snes and indeed did so all the way up to the Gamecube's release and it also doesn't change the fact that Sony were the first to evolve the games consoles back then from the cartridge norm that we knew and make full use of disc based media to live up to the potential and advance the gaming experience back then. And they did it again for the PS2 with DVD media when everyone followed suit. And of course you see it today too with the Blu Ray PS3 exclusives. Still giving you gaming experiences that you cannot get anywhere else. Which you can't. Them's just the facts of reality....so I ask again, pivotal point in gaming history yes but how is it relevant to anything when it doesn't change the facts ?

PS1 was a massive hit. People were enchanted by the FMV and choice of games, and Sony brought revolution to the sector with their marketing methods and experience which took Nintendo another 2 generations to catch up with. It's a shame the populas are so easily sucked in by some fluffy FMV and sexed up marketing, becasue as any, dare I say, hardcore gamer from that era would know, the N64 was where it was at in terms of AAA quality of games, in-game graphics and controls (bar d-pad fighing games). It was raw hardcore, and most of the top games were too hard for soft-assed new bread of gamer... If Zelda on the Wii isn't polished in every way, then it must be on the N64 as it's highly regarded by most as the best game ever made!

I know I was knee deep in the AAA exclusives like Ocarina Of Time and Perfect Dark at the time. But in all fairness you really talk up Nintendo and their games while you try to bury Sony and theirs.....that is fanboyism at it's finest if truth be told. So how is it that I'm tagged as a Sony fanboy just for preferring the PS3 and yet you're not tagged as a Nintendo fanboy for hyping them and their games to the moon and beyond? I do know there's something wrong with that picture.....And I hardly think Twilight Princess on the Wii is regarded as the best game ever made lol, now Ocarina Of Time on the other hand you may have a point with. Also if we were talking about PC's I'd mention Half Life as well but since we aren't.

As for the stuff about discs and online starting on PC or whatever, PC is a gaming platform but consoles are where it's at for most people and always has been and we were talking about innovation and imitation on consoles not PC.....so sticking on topic, Nintendo were the first to do force feedback. It was a sold seperately peripheral, but they were the first to do it. I think all this backs up the thread of this entire debate which is my point that console gaming is highly imitative and always has been as they all copy off each other and improve the formula that one or the other pioneered be it Sony, Sega, Microsoft or Nintendo. This is all fact of reality and if you leave the trolling, fanboyism or Sony hate at the door for 5 minutes people then you'd know this already. But what am I saying, you all know it's true because you're not that dumb. Either that or I'm giving every last one of you in this thread far too much credit, considering the blatant trolls, fanboys and Sony haters in it. And then of course myself who's neither - and myself who's 100% correct! ;)

Last edited:
You say it like I'm a Sony fanboy.....So how's it relevant to the debate then ? Because ultimately it doesn't change the fact that Nintendo stuck to cartridges for the Snes and indeed did so all the way up to the Gamecube's release and it also doesn't change the fact that Sony were the first to evolve the games consoles back then from the cartridge norm that we knew and make full use of disc based media to live up to the potential and advance the gaming experience back then. And they did it again for the PS2 with DVD media when everyone followed suit. And of course you see it today too with the Blu Ray PS3 exclusives. Still giving you gaming experiences that you cannot get anywhere else. Which you can't. Them's just the facts of reality....so I ask again, pivotal point in gaming history yes but how is it relevant to anything when it doesn't change the facts ?

I know I was knee deep in the AAA exclusives like Ocarina Of Time and Perfect Dark at the time. But in all fairness you really talk up Nintendo and their games while you try to bury Sony and theirs.....that is fanboyism at it's finest if truth be told. So how is it that I'm tagged as a Sony fanboy just for preferring the PS3 and yet you're not tagged as a Nintendo fanboy for hyping them and their games to the moon and beyond? I do know there's something wrong with that picture.....And I hardly think Twilight Princess on the Wii is regarded as the best game ever made lol, now Ocarina Of Time on the other hand you may have a point with. Also if we were talking about PC's I'd mention Half Life as well but since we aren't.

As for the stuff about discs and online starting on PC or whatever, PC is a gaming platform but consoles are where it's at for most people and always has been and we were talking about innovation and imitation on consoles not PC.....so sticking on topic, Nintendo were the first to do force feedback. It was a sold seperately peripheral, but they were the first to do it. I think all this backs up the thread of this entire debate which is my point that console gaming is highly imitative and always has been as they all copy off each other and improve the formula that one or the other pioneered be it Sony, Sega, Microsoft or Nintendo. This is all fact of reality and if you leave the trolling, fanboyism or Sony hate at the door for 5 minutes people then you'd know this already. But what am I saying, you all know it's true because you're not that dumb. Either that or I'm giving every last one of you in this thread far too much credit, considering the blatant trolls, fanboys and Sony haters in it. And then of course myself who's neither - and myself who's 100% correct! ;)

I don't know mate, you come across as very effected and well versed in 'fanboy' battles and are hell bent in branding this/us as such.

Your arogance and blind sighted view of reality aside, I would say the stronger case as been argued in Nintendo's favour. You could do yourself a favour and ague the facts rather than resorting to fanboy stereotypes - that just makes your argument look even weaker/desperate.

The facts are so far, thus:
Sony stole the CD-ROM console concept from Nintendo
Other consoles used cd-roms before Sony
Other consoles used online play before Sony or MS
Sony has only ever inovated the i-toy
Microsoft took a Desktop PC, made it as small as the could and called it console (which included online play)
Nintendo games dominate the top 10 best selling games of all time list
Sony mocked the Wii controls as bizzare, now they have copied the idea
Optical media is 100% natural progression, not inovation, everything uses disks, not just consoles.
Saying you are right.... doesn't actually make you right, lol...

Maybe you can produce a list for us insead of convoluted paragraghs where your main argument is everyone but you is a fanboy and your are right becasue.... you are right (not sure how that one works)

I think (so far) ALL provided arguments and debates points to Nintendo being the main inovators in the industry, not Sony and not anyone else - Nintendo has not, as far as I can see, ripped off anything from anyone, maybe you can suggest other wise, but so far you haven't - or maybe we can all find something better to do LOL.

All I can agree with is that Sony and MS offer a different experience to that of Nintendo, on a whole, which seemingly lots of people prefer, perhaps this essence and spirit is what you are getting at and are calling inovation?

Lol, and there's the obligatory quote mine when you know you haven't got a leg to stand on....vj mate I was right about you and that's just for starters, and it's not the first time you've tried to shit on me and got it well wrong because you obviously didn't read properly. What's with constantly attempting to stick the boot in anyway ? You're acting like a child.....

As for the actual debate it's obvious I'm dealing with Nintendo fanboys and Sony haters - clearly I'm the only one in this thread without bias and because of that I see things the way they really are. And as for what Nintendo ripped off of anyone else I've already told you all not that you listen. They followed suit on the PS2 with the Gamecube in using DVD media which is a form of imitation or copycat, which they are all guilty of though some do it more than others - and that was my point all along. Oh but we can't acknowledge the newbie as being right in a debate against the regulars even if he is bang right in what he says....

Rule 1 of any argument is don't admit defeat to anyone else, but you all know within yourselves that I'm right. Hence VJ's childish quote mine there when there was nowhere else for him to turn as he once again got it wrong and responded to what he thought I said, and not what I actually did say. That's ignorance for you. People if you're going to respond at all just to argue the toss then for the love of god understand the point and get it right but don't be giving it the selective acknowledgement routine. **** that shit.

As for this debate my points were proven ages ago. Look around you in the real. I think you'll find I'm right. Can't argue with reality and what can't speak can't lie. And also because of that fact I'm also done here. Chalk up another thread gone to complete and utter shite. Well done DW, you've outdone yourself!

before we go on the fanboy crap i would like to comment..

i remember my first system that loaded games from a cd..

was a sinclaire zx spectrum 128.

can still remember the cables strected across the room fron the family hi fi unit (out of the headphone jack)

and tweaking the EQ and volume so i didnt get any breakup in the audio for loading the game..

now that was an enjoable experience...

never heard of sony then.... only had my megadrive..... and then that came with a MEGA CD unit attached..

:D Peace

Lol, and there's the obligatory quote mine when you know you haven't got a leg to stand on....vj mate I was right about you and that's just for starters, and it's not the first time you've tried to shit on me and got it well wrong because you obviously didn't read properly. What's with constantly attempting to stick the boot in anyway ? You're acting like a child.....

As for the actual debate it's obvious I'm dealing with Nintendo fanboys and Sony haters - clearly I'm the only one in this thread without bias and because of that I see things the way they really are. And as for what Nintendo ripped off of anyone else I've already told you all not that you listen. They followed suit on the PS2 with the Gamecube in using DVD media which is a form of imitation or copycat, which they are all guilty of though some do it more than others - and that was my point all along. Oh but we can't acknowledge the newbie as being right in a debate against the regulars even if he is bang right in what he says....

Rule 1 of any argument is don't admit defeat to anyone else, but you all know within yourselves that I'm right. Hence VJ's childish quote mine there when there was nowhere else for him to turn as he once again got it wrong and responded to what he thought I said, and not what I actually did say. That's ignorance for you. People if you're going to respond at all just to argue the toss then for the love of god understand the point and get it right but don't be giving it the selective acknowledgement routine. **** that shit.

As for this debate my points were proven ages ago. Look around you in the real. I think you'll find I'm right. Can't argue with reality and what can't speak can't lie. And also because of that fact I'm also done here. Chalk up another thread gone to complete and utter shite. Well done DW, you've outdone yourself!

you know in person you seem ok,level headed and such,but behind a keyboard your a know it all arse who refuses to see other peoples point of view and states your opinion as fact-non biased lol dont make me laugh youve got to be one of the most sony biased people on dw

the thread started about sony copying nintendo-theres no arguing sony said the wii control method was bizarre yet they proceeded to copy it anyways

havent got a leg to stand on,before i had corrected your quote my only imput was sega did online on a console sucessfully first-it may not have been popular or really taken off on dc but it worked-hence sucessful so i dont know what your on about there

oh and just an observation-from my perspective not stating it as fact but a lot of the threads that have turned to shit recently and which you seem to dislike have had posts from you in-does that not tell you something
(yes i know other people will have posted too,but your odd view of whats real and true seems to be a common thing in the threads that turn to shit

Last edited:
you know in person you seem ok,level headed and such,but behind a keyboard your a know it all arse who refuses to see other peoples point of view and states your opinion as fact-non biased lol dont make me laugh youve got to be one of the most sony biased people on dw

Oh so you do know who I am then, thanks for clearing that up seeing as how I've tried to be friendly with you online from day 1 because I'd met you in the real and you're sound and yet online from day 1 you done nowt but either ignore me or treat me like a **** for no reason. So I'm glad you mentioned differences in the real vs behind a keyboard because I think you'll find you're at it as well. Not nice is it m8.....

You vj are also totally different in the real....in fact you wanna talk about 2 faced you were the one who started being 2 faced online with me initially from another forum. What's worse is you know I'm not a twat in the real so why treat me like one on the internet right from the start?

I guess what I'm trying to say now that you've brought it up and I've been biting my tongue all this time is what's your game ? We don't get along online and yet we do seem to get along in the real. I tell you whatever we're both guilty of on DW you started with me on another forum. Why ? Because I wasn't an arsehole initially until I stopped caring after I realized there's a big difference between how most people are online vs in real life....even people that you know.

End of the day if people are alright with me then I'm alright with them, but that's a 2 way street both in the real and online.

the thread started about sony copying nintendo-theres no arguing sony said the wii control method was bizarre yet they proceeded to copy it anyways

havent got a leg to stand on,before i had corrected your quote my only imput was sega did online on a console sucessfully first-it may not have been popular or really taken off on dc but it worked-hence sucessful so i dont know what your on about there

Yes and I never said they didn't copy Nintendo. In fact my point from the start was that they all innovate and then copy from each other. Feel free to go back and re read my first post in this thread.

Also regarding the Dreamcast online, I was talking about online play like XBL or PSN now I don't think you could do that on the Dreamcast so define what you was talking about when you said online.....did you mean the internet or playing Quake deathmatch online? Also define success on this one, because the way I see it is if it wasn't popular and it didn't take off and the Dreamcast died before that gen was over, then how can it possibly be a success ? Whereas XBL is still going strong to this day. Hence first successful online play introduction on the consoles was done by Microsoft on the Xbox - which is what I actually said in the first place m8.

Also how am I Sony biased? Because I prefer the PS3 over the Xbox360? If that's the reason then that's tosh I'm sorry. I suppose in 2005 I was Microsoft biased and an Xbox fanboy for preferring the Xbox over the PS2 even though I owned all consoles back then as well.....You didn't know that did you. M8 I gravitate to quality, not brand loyalty. There's a big difference. If Apple released a console in 2011 that pissed all over new Xbox and the new PlayStation I'd be singing it's praises and playing that the most. Call it a hypothetical truth. Honestly now, does that sound like a fanboy or company bias to you ? Leave the bollocks at the door and let's be truthful. Cards on the table once and for all, I'm no more biased and no more a fanboy than you are vj, it's just I'm a lot less pessimistic than you. You look at something and say meh - and you're often hasty in responding out of context. I look at something and say that's cool - and I admit I'm not always right. But that's the difference in opinion between us.

Last edited:
Source : News: Nintendo: Sony steals our ideas - ComputerAndVideoGames.com

Nintendo UK boss David Yarnton has lashed out at Sony's new motion sensing controller, suggesting that the PlayStation creator has copied Nintendo's ideas - past and present.

Speaking to MCV in the wake of Sony's E3 press conference last week, Yarnton was quick to point out Sony's change of attitude since Nintendo unveiled their motion sensing Wii Controller late last year. "I'd love to dig up some old Phil Harrison comments and say 'hang on a second - six months ago when we launched our controller you said one thing, and now why are you doing this?'" Yarnton thundered.

Yarnton also slammed the lack of force feedback in Sony's redesigned PS3 controller, blaming patent issues for the omission: "Historically we're always developing new things. We know Sony have had a lot of issues with their rumble feature and they've had to withdraw it - because they didn't innovate, they copied."

Yarnton went on to suggest that Sony has not only followed Nintendo's lead, but copied their ideas in the past: "I don't know what [Sony's] decision making process is but I think if you look back, any innovation that has come in gameplay has come from us," he said.

"With Nintendo, I'm trying to think of anything we've copied... but I can't," concluded Yarnton.

-----------------------------------------

The amount of evidence and discussion which mounts to Sony being anything but copy-cats and certainly not inovators is embarrassingly overwhelming, Raven. I hate to say it, but only a fanboy would remain defiant.

Sony had a massive hit with the PS1, but there was nothing inovative about it. Infact, it wouldn't have even existed if it wasn't for Nintendo AND very nearly had a Nintendo badge on it! Clinging on to this CD drive issue is futile and you need some new material.

You just seem to be getting absolutly wound up because you haven't got a magical power to somehow put everyone under a spell and disregard blantant reallity to seeing reality as you see it!! It's pretty crazy to witness man...

But anyway, I guess it might be down to a case of a strong passion for Sony, perhaps even a passion for anti Nintendo - nothing wrong with that I guess if that's your thing, who are we to judge, but your passion doesn't make something so for the rest of the world.

We can always just agree to disagree at this point... might be for the best...!!

Last edited:
Source :
Sony had a massive hit with the PS1, but there was nothing inovative about it. Infact, it wouldn't have even existed if it wasn't for Nintendo AND very nearly had a Nintendo badge on it!

Have I disagreed with any of that apart from the innovation regarding the disc thing? No. And the disc thing was innovative. How can you sit there with a straight face and tell me that it wasn't innovative but especially when you look at the games like Final Fantasy VII and Metal Gear Solid that just weren't possible on any other console of that era because they didn't use discs. How can you say it was not innovative? That's because it clearly was and you're talking pure bullshit. End of.

Nintendo UK boss David Yarnton has lashed out at Sony's new motion sensing controller, suggesting that the PlayStation creator has copied Nintendo's ideas - past and present.
Yarnton went on to suggest that Sony has not only followed Nintendo's lead, but copied their ideas in the past: "I don't know what [Sony's] decision making process is but I think if you look back, any innovation that has come in gameplay has come from us," he said.

"With Nintendo, I'm trying to think of anything we've copied... but I can't," concluded Yarnton.

Ah Nintendo UK boss David Yarnton.....he's not biased is he ?! I'm not saying he's entirely right or entirely wrong but he's not exactly going to call it down the middle like I am. And that is they are all guilty of copying each other. Simple as.

I guess it might be down to a case of a strong passion for Sony, perhaps even a passion for anti Nintendo

LMAO! Oh my Lord I love that spin! Says the guy who's spent the entire thread burying Sony while sucking Nintendo off ?! Get real lol. You're the real fanboy here m8, not me. The only reason anyone will disagree with me on that is because they don't like me and they have an axe to grind. But what can't speak can't lie. Though saying that I'd dearly love to know how I'm such a fanboy and yet apparently you're not? Funny how I get tagged as the fanboy and Sony biased yet they never give specifics. Answers on a postcard please....because so far if anything I've been unbiased to anyone if truth be told.

Last edited:
Have I disagreed with any of that apart from the disc thing? No I haven't. And the disc thing was innovative. Only a Nintendo fanboy would deny this.

No it wasn't mate, PC's used them, CD players played them, DVD players used them, not to mention the plethora of games machines which used optical media as a data medium ALL BEFORE THE PS1... PS1 was the first console with the greatest success using optical media as its main data delivery system. So if a console with a CD drive is more successful than the PS1, that means that they innovated the CD drive? Nah mate. What are you not getting here?

Here is the dictionary deffinition of Innovation.

1. something new or different introduced

2.the act of innovating; introduction of new things or methods.

Like others have said, why do you think so many people have an axe to grinde with you on here? It's not a conspiracy mate, this is a friendly community. I have never spoke to you before, so why would I have an axe to grinde with you? After this thread though I have plenty of axes, and your head is hard enough to grinde them with all day long, but I'm not going to hold anything against you.

All I can think it that you are an arrogant, know it all 13/14 year old who basically goes from forum to forum trading insults, getting a kick out of being a wind up merchant, and feeling estatic when you feel you have "won an argument" or had the last word.

Whatever the weather, it's mainly adults on this forum, so I think you should jack it in as a bad job and come back in a few years when you have the emotional capacity to act with a more sociable and mature mannor and the ability to articulate what's in your head with more impact. Being arrogant, obnoxious and offencive isn't a great way to make friends.

Sorry I had to say that, but I mean it when I say good luck to you in life and the future mate...

Last edited:
No it wasn't mate, PC's used them, CD players played them, DVD players used them, not to mention the plethora of games machines which used optical media as a data medium ALL BEFORE THE PS1... PS1 was the first console with the greatest success using optical media as its main data delivery system. So if a console with a CD drive is more successful than the PS1, that means that they innovated the CD drive? Nah mate. What are you not getting here?

Place full of adults? Considering all the daily bitching and backstabbing that goes on around here you could have fooled me but anyways that is beside the point. Speaking of which being an adult myself, I'll ignore the blatant personal insults in the rest of your post and stick to the point of the argument. Okay, so what are you not getting? I'll tell you - we are talking about consoles. PC's, CD Players etc none of them come into it at all, you might as well mention Walkmans because it's equally as relevant! And whether you are loath to admit it or not, PS1 was innovative with the discs as it was the first console to first bring us games and types of gaming experiences on console that we all know and love today like Metal Gear Solid, like Resident Evil, like Final Fantasy VII, like Tomb Raider and I could list some more. And the discs were also something Nintendo finally adopted along with everyone else as well after they'd seen Sony's success with the format. Hence Sony and the PS1 console were innovative for that. You seem intelligent enough so how can you not see this? Or is it my mistake and that the sea lions at the zoo are having fun with their new ball? Clearly I haven't even started being offensive yet but if we're going to play funny buggers anyway instead of being adults....though I'd rather not play funny buggers but you're leaving me no choice here.

But by your rationale, the 3DO and the Sega Saturn were more innovative than PS1 as they were using disc based media first, but by that rationale you're also saying that them consoles could run Final Fantasy VII and Metal Gear Solid. Yet here I am saying yes they used discs first, but much more to the point they didn't make use of the format at all and they didn't advance anything. PS1 and Sony did and that's why they're innovative. And so are Microsoft and so are Nintendo. Nintendo being the most innovative in terms of trend setting. But they're also all guilty of playing copycats. You're trying to deny this. Which is my entire point that so far nobody in this thread seems to be grasping, or are purposely ignoring. Either way I'm once again the bad guy who should just go straight to hell for not playing along saying that's your opinion and you're entitled to it - and for being a bit brash online with the facts. Seems you don't like it when people do it to you.

Last edited:
Back