Nintendo DS/DS Lite and the R4

i got a 4gig card frm a company on the net and it worked fine in my sons ds lite only cost £9.00 gonna put loads of games on it but it worked fine with about 10 games i put on it

can someone tell me frankly... can R4 work with SDHC? if not wats the max?

i heard rumours that the max they can go is 2gig

this website claims to have kernels to enable the R4 to use HC cards...
R4 SDHC kernel Downloads-Revolution for DS-NDS,NDSL,Flashcart,CleanROM

but it's not offically from R4.

there are also 1.19 firmware created by "team R4"

but their not the original creators.

so.... are users world wide stuck with 1.18 for life??!!

and.... what are the clones in the market about???

the N5 is exactly the same user interface as the R4, and at the moment are easier to get hold of, there was a few reports about them blowing the main fuse in some DS lites, but ive now bought a few and had no problems

for ease of use, especially for kids (my 3 year old boy can use one) id recommend the R4 or N5 followed by the DSTT then the M3

the R4 and N5 are also very easily skinable to make your menu screens unique for your DS, my girls is all pink with her name right on the main menu screen

Bought my daughter a pink DS for Christmas. Got the R4 working nicely. Any pointers on how to change the menu screen to finish it off, would be great.
Thanks in advance :xmas:

Thanks for this Curly, very easy to follow and useful.

Bought my daughter a pink DS for Christmas. Got the R4 working nicely. Any pointers on how to change the menu screen to finish it off, would be great.
Thanks in advance :xmas:

Thanks for the pm Digi, can't believe it was that simple. Daughters going to be well pleased with it, so much so my wife just bought another for my other daughter. Only problem is that Santa gets all the credit. Ta again

You can now get an edge card which does exactly the same as an R4 but it will take upto an 16 gig sd card.
Just google edge card for more info.

Got an r4 with all the bits ,formated it to fat32 installed the s'wear from the link in the 1st post,incerted it in to the ds and all i egt is a black screen with loading wrote across it for the last 20 mins. any help on this?

using an r4 with a micro sd and a usb2.o

if i take the micro sd out of the r4 still get black screen with loading.

Last edited:
Got an r4 with all the bits ,formated it to fat32 installed the s'wear from the link in the 1st post,incerted it in to the ds and all i egt is a black screen with loading wrote across it for the last 20 mins. any help on this?

using an r4 with a micro sd and a usb2.o

if i take the micro sd out of the r4 still get black screen with loading.

IF you bought one from post 28 it needs different firmware. Post one has a link to original R4 firmware, don't think you've got an original R4. Should be a website on the packaging you got with it, if not I'm sure if you look around the DS section of the forum you'll figure it out.
Good luck,
HH.

edit: Oh & the micro sd should definitely be placed in the R4.

vn ty for sharing worked like a dream my kids r happy now

just be aware. the R4 WILL NOT WORK on the new Dsi you will have to get the new awaited release of the R4i.....

just be aware. the R4 WILL NOT WORK on the new Dsi you will have to get the new awaited release of the R4i.....

LOL

thanks for that.. i was actually supposed to write that in my last post but it slipped my mind..

thanks again :)

no you use an acekard 2i for the DSi

dont buy DSTTi or R4i as they dont have writeable built in kernels, which as seen in germany, will render your r4i/dstti, a lovely, useless, cartridge :/

acekard 2i is fully updatable ;)

Back