Nightmare Programming AUFuncard - Any Thoughts?

phe70

Inactive User
Reaction score
I am trying to make an AU funcard for a Pace 2000 STB but just can't get it to work.
I have downloaded the files and tut from this site and followed it to the letter. The whole process seems simple enough but I can't see where I'm going wrong. I have a Infinity USB programmer, using it's own software and a Funcard 4. The IRD I've got from the eng. menu and confirmed this with the label on the scart cover. The BK I've obtained from the database.
I am in a C&W area and have used the relevant flash file. I have used RHv1_EEGen and remembered to input the IRD backwards and selected the correct region button. I have programmed the card in the order exteep, flash, inteep. But when I insert the card into the box and power up all I can get is the default channels 1,2,3,4 etc. Spent most of the day trawling the forum for help and ideas but just can't hack it. Would really appreciate some help.......but I'm off to the pub now to drown my sorrows:Mad2:

Thanks !!

Only thing i do different is programme all 3 files to the card in one go. Just to be sure the ird is backward but not completely ie an ird of 12 34 56 78 would be 78 56 34 12. Also the one 2000 i did didn't au after about 5 mins (usually takes about 40 seconds) i had to turn it off and back on, then the second time it did au after about 3 mins. Only other thing i can think of, are you using the PrussianCard2 option in the progammer?

I have put the IRD in backwards, but not completely backwards, eg 12 at the start is now at the end if that makes sense.. I am using the PrussianCard2 option, I take it that is correct for Funcard 4 ? I had programmed in the files seperately to make sure the flash file wasn't being overwritten by the exteep file

hey i recently had to make the files for a guy who was also having difficulty with the AU files. eventually i ended up using the older version of the files and they worked 1st time for him. try the older files that ive attached just to see if it makes any difference.

yep the PrussianCard2 option is correct. Are you 100% sure you have selected the correct files for flash, int, and ext? If so just click on the write button and it will write all 3 files in one go, apart from that everything you are doing seems fine. It's always worked for me, but if not maybe try the files from ice2004.
Good luck

I have tried the files you posted ice2004 ( the flash and the inteep) I created the exteep again for my individual ird and BK and programmed to card in one hit. Infinity USB puts the exteep file to the card first before flash or inteep so no problem of flash being wiped. If everything I am doing from the card side of things is ok, could there be a problem with the box. It has come from a good source and has not been meddled with until it came into my dubious possession. The only thing I have done is cut the talkback, I am pretty good with elastic trickery so shouldn't have goofed anything up. Thanks for you help so far guys . . . I was going to the pub but this problem is annoying me and I can't leave it alone. I have checked the status of the box again after reprogramming the card with ice2004 files and it still isn't updating, just the bog standard channels

Last edited:
Hi All,

@phe70 If I were you I would try a basic funcard using Rst Method.

I'm also unsure about the BK as I didn't think there were any 2000 in the DB.
But I could be wrong.

If I remember correctly, you do not have to reverse the IRD on the newer ep generator. Also use swap bin hex to convert it to a hex rather than a bin file.

Everything I do from the card side of things doesn't seem to be working. Satch has but doubt in my mind about the validity of the BK. Even though there is the original label / barcode on the bottom of the box with the number beginning 12........ that cross references to the database to give me the BK, I think it might be wise to dissapear into the garage and cobble together a J-Tagger to confirm the correct BK. That might give me an indication of where things are going wrong. Will let you know how things progress!!!

phe70 said:
Everything I do from the card side of things doesn't seem to be working. Satch has but doubt in my mind about the validity of the BK. Even though there is the original label / barcode on the bottom of the box with the number beginning 12........ that cross references to the database to give me the BK, I think it might be wise to dissapear into the garage and cobble together a J-Tagger to confirm the correct BK. That might give me an indication of where things are going wrong. Will let you know how things progress!!!

HiYa,

@phe70 Look in the EM to get your Ird M8 then Send it to me and I will Double check for you.

But if your box is a 2000 then a Jtag will not Help as I do Believe you have to remove the Atties and read the Info off them.

Satch said:
HiYa,

@phe70 Look in the EM to get your Ird M8 then Send it to me and I will Double check for you.

But if your box is a 2000 then a Jtag will not Help as I do Believe you have to remove the Atties and read the Info off them.

I don't have privelige to send you a private message Satch. Is it ok to post IRD on Forum?

phe70 said:
I don't have privelige to send you a private message Satch. Is it ok to post IRD on Forum?

Hi

No I wouldn't put your numbers on the open Forum M8, send it to my hot-mail Addy (It's Above The Spinning Donation Thingy)

Last edited:
I am having exactly the same problem if that is any consolation .
Been trying to sort it for two days now with no luck ,and I can't gat nagra to work .:CRYBABY:

stu1 said:
I am having exactly the same problem if that is any consolation .
Been trying to sort it for two days now with no luck ,and I can't gat nagra to work .:CRYBABY:

Hi stu1,

Are you 100% on your BK?

I do believe that phe70 had the wrong BK which is where the Problem was.

What you mean you can't get Nagra to work? bit more info please stu1

try this for making an au fun card saves the use of nagra

Satch said:
Hi stu1,

Are you 100% on your BK?

I do believe that phe70 had the wrong BK which is where the Problem was.

What you mean you can't get Nagra to work? bit more info please stu1

I got the boxkey with a jtag ,got to be the right one hasn't it ?

UNDETTERRED said:
What box is it? 4000 just read your other thread.

Yes it is a 4000 !
And I have just answered your other question on my thread .

I am not trying to hijack this thread .
Its just I was making sure phe70 knows he is not alone with these problems !

No problems Stu1, I am pretty much dead in the water here with my problems at the moment. Looks like I need to remove atmels to get correct box key. Got the first atmel off ( couldn't dive in there with my soldering iron quick enough, quite surprised how easy it was :proud: . . . bet its not so easy putting back in :FRIGHT: !!) Now need to source suitable willem / clanzer programmer to read the little buggers. However, Due to get my hands on some Sammy boxes in the next few days so hope all goes well there. Good luck with your problems Stu1:Cheers:

Back