Newbie guide

Got the Mr Dude Noob image, flashed it over using the webinterface.

did a search and found 147 channels. YIPPEE

however when I select any of these channels, I get no picture or sound.

is there something else I need to do?

just some more info, if anyone can understand the problem.

I flashed Mr Dude's Noob image, completed an autoscan using Brute Force 6887, this found 147 channels & radio channels etc.

All the EPG for all channels is showing correctly.

No picture or sound from any channels though.

I then started Evocamd and rebooted the machine.

still no joy. just arranging bouquets now to passs the time :(

anyone any idea what's wrong? (could it be incorrect key codes for evocamd?)

It could be your keys. DO you have anu from a previous image? Try leaving the channel on an FTA channel for 5 mins, (I always use News24) and then try an exrypted channel.

Some recent keys have been posted in this thread. If Evocamd does not work than try Mgcamd, some people have even tried GBOX to get their box going. Switching to S*y Sports alwaysclears the channels for me.

once I tried the 3rd CAM on list (newcamd I think) all channels cleared straight away.

well impressed!! cheers guys!!

now I'm trying to laod up the 'missing channels', only picked up on dbox scans etc.

I'm first gonna try the settings posted in another thread (UK settings, I'm based in dublin), add them into one of the bouquet files (used Ultra-Edit 32). will load later to see if works.

If these don't work, any of these settings get posted here?

Or can I 'interpret' dbox scan results for Dublin on other forums to get these settings?

other channels from around the world ?

is it possible to get other chanels from europe with the DM 600 cable or is that only possible on sat with dish?

thanks

you can only get what cable transmits, typically no foreign ones (maybe TV5 and ssome foreign news only)

with satellite, you can point to different satellittes, hence get the different channels.

Back