Newbie alert!

crazy

Member ++
Reaction score
I've finally taken the plunge and treated my self to a Technomate 1500 with an ART card for the footie.

I'm moving house next week so won't be setting up until I move. I thought the previous owners were going to leave the sky minidish and I was going to try my luck at picking up Hotbird with that dish. However having just gone through the fixtures and fitting I notice that for whatever reason they are taking the dish!

So now I have a receiver and no dish, want my plan is now is to get a dish with a monoblock LNB to pick up astra and hotbird, however the question I have is, will I get away with a 60/65cm dish. I appreciate that ideally an 80cm would be best but i don't want the dish to overshadow the house.

I live in Stourbridge, West Midlands if that helps?!

I've had quite a bit of experience with cable (eurovox & dreambox) so i think i should be alright with setting up the box with firmware etc

Any thoughts/help appreciated

Cheers in advance

Crazy

hello mate i would go for a 80cm dish as the smallest to make sure good reception with hotbird then shouldnt have any problems pop to your local lidl see if they have any dishes left think they was only about £15 and had lnb for £4 but bet all the lnbs gone also the 80cm dont look that big :) hope you get it sorted

Thanks for the reply

Nipped down Lidl and they had none left, looking on ebay and think i could get 1 delivered for under £30 which isn't too bad.

Just got to get it past the missus which will probably be the stumbling block! lol

Crazy

i will pass by my local one mate see if they have any will let you know

hes a few more for you to check

Brettell Lane
DY8 4BA Stourbridge

Horseley Heath
DY4 7AH Birmingham/Great Bridge

High Street
WV14 0EP Bilston

Last edited:
yes m8 i would definately reccommend getting a minimum of an 80cm dish. i've done all the dboxes/dreamboxes myself and can tell u m8 to flash new firmware to a technomate box is a hell of a lot easier

krazy

ART channels are slightly weak compared with others on hotbird so you would have found a zone1 mini-dish wouldnt have been suitable anyway. A 70cm Gemini/Raven dish (as suggested by digidude) is a really good choice for those who want minimum size and for it to blend in. It looks exactly like a sky dish but just a fraction bigger and also works fine with ART, plus you can add a bracket for extra lnb's then you can also get sky/freesat channels without needing a seperate dish.
Digidude here may have more to say and have some idea of complete price, but obviously nothing will be as cheap as the lidl dish.

heres a picture of the gemini 70cmdish with LNBs for hotbird, astra 1 and sky, all working perfectly

7814d1127933291-3_lnbs_1_dish-pic069.jpg

heres a picture of the gemini 70cmdish with LNBs for hotbird, astra 1 and sky, all working perfectly

7814d1127933291-3_lnbs_1_dish-pic069.jpg

and where does one get a raven dish? and can the technomate 1500 handle 3 LNB's?

thanks for your help

Crazy

I use a 2 way switch with my TM one LNB facing 19east the other 13east, cost about £10 , maybe there is a 3 way switch around, but I haven't seen one

Last edited:
yes m8 the technomate can handle 3 lnbs and if you look above pottsy189 topost number 7 in this thread you'll see a dish with 3 lnbs on posted by digidude

krazy

Raven with motor?

Is it possible to add a motor to a raven dish rather than have a load of LNB's hanging from it?

and if you can which is the best value for money?

If you could point me in the right direction it would be appriciated

Cheers

Crazy

i think you will be able to add a motor m8. why dont you just get a normal dish such as a 90cm with diseqc 1.2 motor?

krazy

Ok guys, I'm in the new house, box's all over the place but want to get the sat set-up asap.

Could anybody recommend the best (value & quality) LNB and motor for the raven gemini 70cm dish?

I've seen the dish for £29 which seems quite reasonable.

PM if your not allowed to post links to other sites etc

Cheers in advance
Crazy

Want to get these bits ordered soon, could anybody advise?

cheers

Crazy

Crazy, I confirm a 70cm Raven satellite dish with an Inverto lnb and a technomate motor will connect to your technomate 1500 and receive satellite signals from various sats just fine. (ART sports works on a 70cm Raven)

In my opinion receiving satellite tv is great. :)

Hope thats what you need to hear m8.
Regards

Last edited:
Crazy, I confirm a 70cm Raven satellite dish with an Inverto lnb and a technomate motor will connect to your technomate 1500 and receive satellite signals from various sats just fine. (ART sports works on a 70cm Raven)

In my opinion receiving satellite tv is great. :)

Hope thats what you need to hear m8.
Regards

Thanks Pink thats what I was looking for!

Almost ready now!

Got the receiver (with ART card) dish, bracket, LNB, Motor and 30metres of cable, just need the bloke to come and fit it now (bit beyond my basic DIY skills!!)

I've loaded the latest patch and got the technosender on the laptop ready to go.

Standby for plenty of annoying questions!!

Thanks for help now and in the future

Crazy

Update: Satellite getting put up tomorrow afternoon, fingers crossed for successful install.

Last edited:
Thanks Pink thats what I was looking for!

Almost ready now!

Got the receiver (with ART card) dish, bracket, LNB, Motor and 30metres of cable, just need the bloke to come and fit it now (bit beyond my basic DIY skills!!)

I've loaded the latest patch and got the technosender on the laptop ready to go.

Standby for plenty of annoying questions!!

Thanks for help now and in the future

Crazy

Update: Satellite getting put up tomorrow afternoon, fingers crossed for successful install.

antone know someone who could fit something like this for me in the north east

pm me if you do please

All up and running now.

Well impressed with ART sports and by the sheer amount of channels!!

Going to take me a while to sort them all out.

Does anybody know of if ORF carry the english soundtrack when they show a movie as I notice Pirates of the caribean 2 is on tonight.

Cheers

Crazy

Back