new updated 2x image nearly ready

yea i did that and said it cannot do it cycle differ wrong format from the image update and restore section then changed it to ftp the search images than clicked on it

so what the full name of the file you are putting in the temp folder m8

newimage updated one that i downloaded from you mate unrared it then transferred it to dbox tmp. the pressed dbox button then service then new image update then selected file then it said unable to do it cycle differs. im currently on sporster 05 and im wanting to try yours shall i just do it using IFA

ok i said the full file name m8 the full name of the file

newimageupdate.img summat like that im at work now it was def the right one mate. so is IFA the best option thats how i do sportster and that

Cheers

is it 1x or 2x ifa is good as well but if you are using sportster already the key press is fine

thanks sorry to be a pain mate, so evocamd next level is included in this then

Just an update from me Gav
it's still working ok, even after i changed the boot logo :)
I think the problem may have been n*t upgrade, i noticed that my cable box had just changed to the new menu system, so that might have been the problem earlier.

anyway the real test will be what its like over the next few days, weeks etc
but i'll let you know.
still not a freeze in sight though :)

save the boquets and services.xml the you can always use it in the future m8

cheers

Hi,

I tried the image again on another box. It is fine with the SCART out to the TV. However, I couldn't use WingrabTV + VLC to watch it. The same error was raised. I am sure that the network setting was fine. It showed the channels on WingrabTV, but when I selected the channel, it said "unerwartete antwort von der D-Box".

I tried another image on the same dbox (i.e. sportster 1.76 2xI), it worked fine with the same network setting.

Did you try to use WingrabTV + VLC to watch?

Thanks,
SV

svkhtn said:
I just downloaded your latest 2x Image.
However, I couldn't use WingrabTV + VLC to watch the channels on the PC. When I ran them, it raised an error: "unerwartete antwort von der D-Box" (i.e. unexpected answer of the D-box).
After that, I tried to reflash the box with Sporster 1.76 2x Image. Everything works fine now.
I don't have a TV in my house so that I couldn't test whether I worked via SCART with your image or not. I just use my PC to watch via LAN connection.
Just a note to let you know.
Cheers,
SV

Actually i did notice this bouquet editor is different to the original sportster 1.75 editor i had.

There's a rc and a live screen on this one, unfortunately neither work.
At 1st i thought this editor wasn't as good but it has got way more featues.

Cheers

Right all Gav asked me to help out with people who are facing problems using direct recording.

a few steps and you should be on ur way.

The following settings are for winxp.

1) on the pc make another user called dbox2 and password as dbox2. (dp this from the manage property from right clicking on my computer)

2) On C:Drive or what ever make a new folder i called it recording.

3) Right click and go to sharing and allow network users to modify by checking the box.

4) PC DONE.

5) Go to dbox and go to settings and then network.

6) Go to mount options and then fill it all in exactly shown as below.

type: CIFS IP: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (IP address of the PC)
directory share: recording (note the capital M)
localdir: /var/mnt/movies
mount on startup: yes mount
options:rw,soft,udp mount options:
nolock,rsize=8192,wsize=8192
CIFS Username: dbox2
CIFS Password: dbox2
Select "Mount Now"
Exit the menu screen.

7) Now go to recording in settings

8) Change recording device to direct(file), leave everything to what it is but change switch spts mode before recording to "on".

9) Then go recording settings/direct recording settings

10) chose the recording directory to /var/mnt/movies

max file size to 4096 leave everything else as it is.

11) Then save settings

12) then on the channel press blue and red and see if it works.

Hope this helps give me a shout if you lot need more help.

Thanks to Chi's guide and Gav

Dude i can help here, Change the ucode from what ur using to 0014 and it will work fine, I had this problem once.

ivorhooper said:
Hi Gav,
I have got SUSI working using the file that you posted so I have all the plugins and games downloaded and installed. Great image - excellent picture quality, fast menus and the LCD appears a bit more clearer for some reason but I still have a problem that I haven't encountered before.
When setting up direct recording onto my pc, everything is fine until I go into options, miscellaneous then use SPTS mode on. I can only get FTA channels after this point.
This is strange because I have used this method with other images and it works fine.
Will try a different way (Switch to SPTS Before Recording on option) and see if that works.
I will let you know.
By the way, why doesn't anyone get a new Enigma image to work for the UK? It looks very nice on the ump2002 website. Hint Hint :Biggrin2:

thanks anish for your help thats great m8

cheers

Anish1905 said:
Dude i can help here, Change the ucode from what ur using to 0014 and it will work fine, I had this problem once.

Cheers Anish, I will try that when I get home.
Speaking of recording, I didn't know that you could record one channel and then watch another but I did it last week by accident. Does this mean that the Dbox has 2 tuners?
Also Gav, cant wait for your Enigma image should be excellent as usual!

well the enigma is at the beggining stage and has a couple of bugs thats really enoying me at the moment i am having liam take a look at it

as its doing my head in

liam also is having the same problem and has referred it to somone else so its all fun and games

time will tell

if it gets sorted then i think it might be better than the netruino versions in my opinion anyway as the epg goes on for days

also if anyone knows about the enigma and wants a challenge then pm me please

as i want to get it sorted

cheers

Hi Gav
How do you leave your box overnight?
standby, powered down or off from the mains?
Why i ask this is because it was still working beautifully this morning, so i powered down, but now i've restarted, I'm having terrible freezing problems

any suggestions are welcome

Back