New to this box good image request

kaostech

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi iam New to this box and would like a good image for it has anyone got any ideas, what do you use. I have recently upgraded from a dm800se.

:hubbahubba: Cheers guys

Best to try them and see which you like best. Most common ones are:

BlackHole
OpenBlackHole
OpenVIX
OpenATV
OpenPLI

Personally I won't go with anything other than openvix. Hades is latest version and can be easily found at the openvix website.
supports cross epg and autobouquets so can't go far wrong.

but as Abu says suck it and see which you prefer.

Personal choice really mate whats is recommended here you may not like or find better with other image.

OpenATV and recently PBnigma are the images i personally favour.

if it's because there is an update since past 2 weeks then ATV and PLi release daily updates. Vix release updates as and when it's justified like a lot of images do.

I personally like Vix because it's easier to use and a lot of things are included in image as standard (eg crossepg and facility to backup images). Softcam are available from feeds without need to mess around with ftp etc

As Ferret mentioned it is very much a personal choice :)

Most can be done online. Exceptions are when major changes are done like new oe-a core or other things like gst from 0.10 to 1.5.

However I generally do fresh flashes myself because I just manually copy over autotimer, timer and settings file. Plugins are things I setup again.

It doesn't take me long now to fresh flashes :)

ATV odd times require fresh flashes but not as often as vix. As they use mostly same core code I wonder if vix are being more cautious?

Hi,

i have are run open atv image on my duo( @Ferrets) recommendation with no issues for months now. Although on my Alien have installed vix4e2project and found this also to be very stable and easy to set up.

Enjoy regards.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a PLi user myself :)
Basic and just add what I need :)

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

ATV odd times require fresh flashes but not as often as vix. As they use mostly same core code I wonder if vix are being more cautious?

And you made my next reply for me with the very reason i avoid VIX.

Can never recall a time ive had a online update of ATV or PLI go wrong on original boxes.

And you made my next reply for me with the very reason i avoid VIX.

Can never recall a time ive had a online update of ATV or PLI go wrong on original boxes.
ATV release new image versions (ie 5.0 and now 5.1) when there has been a major change. This is to force a fresh flash for those wanting to take advantage of new features introduced in new versions like gst 1.5, etc.

PLi, I will honestly say I don't think has such problems but at the same time PLi don't appear to take advantage of new features that become available because PLi still uses original GST and still no xbmc support :)

Back