New to openbox, little help

sambhi92

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I just got myself an S11, seems good for now, but i try to scan the TP 12.341 on 0.8w, and i cant seem to get good signal, it just stays at 45 SI and 10 SR, now the weird thing is, i was getting this sat on my old DM500, any ideas why? i left the dish on that tp on my dm500, then i put it into my openbox, still nothing?

Cheers.

Tried that. Still nothing, probably just can't find it which is weird as ****.

have you ticked that sat in the setup for all sats

edogg

Sorry mate, not to sure what u mean by that?

look in menu there is a picture of a sat dish select that and look for the sat you want to scan from the list of sats and select any you want

edogg

Yeah done that, it's in my sat list, but the si and sq doesn't change at all. Nothing. Not using usals.

not sure but i think you have use diseqc as i no longer use my openbox and never had a motorised setup i can't be sure about that someone still using an openbox hopefully with more info on motorised setup can help you further

edogg

that is tricky,since the openbox doesn't respond well when trying to aim a dish via diseqc1.2 with a universal lnb.
If you are definitely on the sat,I would try doing a blindscan.
I sometime aim the dish with another brand receiver then switch to the openbox to lock in the position then blindscan.
Make sure all lnb/switch settings are correct first.

Got it sorted was a weird one, i just went to the sat on my dm500, then plugged my openbox in, and i started to signal, and then the channel came.

Just wondering though, whats the dish size to pick up premier league HDTV on 10e?

I have a 80cm iss dish in london essex?

Thanks

Right, cheers manic will try that.

But once again, i cant seem to get a singal on that TP, i saw on Ljs theres two TP, which one should i scan? but to be fair, i tried finding both of them, but i cant.

80cm but theres no way of clearing it as in biss encryption.
the only biss capable firmware that would work for me for my provider was old firmware from april 4th 2011 or older.
I think those were written by different coders.
The biss keys must be in the constant.cw file.All the pids/sids have to be in hex format.

Back