New TM 600

rturner99

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm new to the tm 600 linux and everything else sat related other than sky and I have just brought the Technomate 600.

I have been trying to flash it with the latest image I can find tm600_02-07-2009-UR.img following the guide and software produced by Digidude but I have been unsuccessful I think.

When I turn on the receiver and go to about - info the software version is 2.0.21rev1. Does this mean it is running the latest image?

I am trying to getting CCcam installed also and have read in places that you can download and install addons via the blue button/panel although when I do it I get a list for skins, pluggins etc and once select there is nothing in the folders.

Any help would be greatly appreciated or a point in the right direction as I'm totally stuck.

Thanks

you have the official software on the box m8, thats why the blue button brings up a plugins menu ;)

flash with the latest one and youll then have access to the addons

Hi,
I have tried to flash using your guide and loader from another forum. I run the loader and upload the image, it goes 0 - 100% on the loader and then the receiver will display FAIL and on the tv screen it will say "failed please check your firmware and try again" and the receiver seems to do a factory reset as I have to go through the menu's again.

I have downloaded the latest image a few times to make sure it wasnt corrupt but still no go. I have tried a few times to flash by ethernet and also doing an update via a usb memory stick.

I'm at a loss at the mo.

I dont if its the same as the dreambox 500 but I always flashed the offical image with a null modem cable first and dreamup and reflashed with say in our case ur image.

coley

Hi,
Is doing it by the null modem cable the best way then? I thought that updating it by ethernet and null modem would just put the image on the receiver and force an update?

Is there a difference?

I am not sure about the Technomates I could be wrong but I ca not see any reason. I had done it over lan a couple of times but at least by serial you know you are on a nice clean box.

Coley

Yeah I dont get it, the loader will do it's stuff but will say failed on the receiver and reboot itself and then you have to go through the setup process again (pal, country etc...). It's like has the new image but wont install it and does a factory reset.

Hi,
I have been playing with my receiver to try to update it to the latest image. When I connect to it via FTP and copy across the latest image to the tmp dir I cant see it in the file system on the receiver or see it when I go to expert set up and try to install it manually.

When I reboot the receiver in an attempt to refresh the files it deletes any files I have uploaded when I reconnect to it via ftp. I think this is the reason it keeps coming back with "failed please check your firmware and try again" because it doesnt exist on the system.

Any idea's? Could it be a permission issue?

Thanks

ensure the image is named

TM600_update.img

ftp it to the tmp directory then youll be able to manually update using the remote

Thanks Digidude. I can now see the image however when I go to install it I get the following:

Invalid! Board's size =(8388608) Firm. Real Size(7111312)

Searched via Google and it doesnt return anything.

Edit:

Sorry that should be write error while downloading

Invalid! Board's size =(8388608) Firm. Real Size(7111312)

Last edited:
Am I correct in thinking that I need more files than just the .img file to update the receiver?

Thanks

just the .img and the loader with the few config files bundled with it m8

It always fails that way via ethernet.

I leave the reciever in standby mode, load up the loader enter the IP address the the receiver defaults to 192.168.0.24, leave the password blank, select For other images, click the update tab, navigate to the image and then the loader will transfer the image to the receiver successfully. On the display on the front of the receiver it will say fail and a message on the tv will display "failed please check your firmware and try again" and then the receiver will do a factory reset.

I have tried updating via usb with fails with the same message and when I do a manual update it will say "Invalid! Board's size =(8388608) Firm. Real Size(7111312)"

Am I doing something wrong or is it the box? Is the only other way to flash the image via serial cable (which I dont currently have)?
Thanks

in the loader, have you ticked the box for 'other images' and clicked save, as shown in the instructions

Yes and in the Execution Log it says

Single-upgrade finished
you can close the window of the auto updater
wait until done is shown on the front LED of your receiver.

Execpt mine always shows FAIL.

Does it make difference that I leave the password as blank/empty?

hmm, its strange that it should fail after flashing

ok

turn off the power switch on the back of the receiver, on the front, press and hold the up ^ button and turn the power back on, the display will stay blank

if you dont see a picture on the tv, press your TV remotes AV button so you can see the technomate menu

using up or down ^v highlight 'factory reset' and press right >

let it do its thing, then try flashing again

Hi Digidude,
I have done the factory reset and tried to flash it but once the loader gets to 100% the receivers display says FAIL and reboots itself and I have to go through the setup process again.

I have installed TM600 2.0.20 rev5 to my 2 scart receiver and it flashed fine, only snag is the remote no longer works... I thought I would try to see if I got flash the latest release over a previous version but that doesn't work either.

Any idea's?

thanks

ring technomate (number on technomate.com) and theyll send you a new remote m8

try to download the image that keeps failing again, it may be corrupted

Hi Digidude,
I think I have the new remote as I have the 2 scart version of the receiver. I think because I put the pre july version on it has flashed the receiver to a 1 scart box hence why my new remote doesnt work.

I have downloaded and re-downloaded the latest update from various sites but still no joy.

Back