NEW Network card doesn't work

Bataja

New Member ++
Reaction score
So, my integrated network card was broken,i bought a new one,installed it propertly into one of the empty slots,booted up Windows 7,it installed new drivers by itself,when i try to do it with a CD i get 'the best driver is already installed ',i did try the sistem restore,reinstalling all the drivers,deleted the inboard network card (in BIOS),i would appreciate if someone could help me.
I posted some pictures
967f89130992fab24866029168a91469.jpg
7f90f795fc74541f899b8feaf49031d2.jpg
469a69201a647e855db9458d38b600cf.jpg
061b5fd7ed573b0b9f9ce545efd01a48.jpg
22c39aece080f408e0697d444841f466.jpg

Sent from my SM-G355HN using Tapatalk

Silly question but have you plugged in the network cable? Just with the message saying "network cable unplugged".

I have plugged in the cable,it's not a router (cable ) problem as it works on other pc,
And as you can see on the picture i inserted it in a white slot
Thank you for the fast replies
bb75423ed608453b2679610438e90ebf.jpg

Already done,as mentioned in the OP

Sorry mate.

Might be worth removing it and instead of letting the OS install the driver, install it from the CD and see if that makes a difference.

Maybe try the other slot an all.

Yeah what i'm thinking is maybe the place you put the ethernet cable is broken? Maybe i should buy this?
264af7f85e9d042d0c6618ed18845f46.jpg

The RJ45 port? You said the card is new though so can you not return it if you think its that?

Would try installing the drivers from the CD first though.

In the past I've updated my NIC via MS updates and its stopped it from working. Reverted back to previous driver and it started working again.

Less likely but also possible that the Southbridge rather than the integrated lan has developed a fault. Did the integrated also report as no cable being plugged in?

Just a thought, looking at the picture in the first post it says on the box 10/100 but pc's have been using 10/100/1000 network card for ages, how new exactly is this card. The drivers on the TP-Link website are from 2007.

I would remove any network card drivers and as stated in another post let windows find it's own.

I think the problem may be that the drivers you are trying to install are way to old for the windows you are installing it on.

Less likely but also possible that the Southbridge rather than the integrated lan has developed a fault. Did the integrated also report as no cable being plugged in?
Yes, was the same.

The thing is that there should be some lights when i plug it in the pc?

There's nothing atm,that's why i thought it's the port.

Just a thought, looking at the picture in the first post it says on the box 10/100 but pc's have been using 10/100/1000 network card for ages, how new exactly is this card. The drivers on the TP-Link website are from 2007.

I would remove any network card drivers and as stated in another post let windows find it's own.

I think the problem may be that the drivers you are trying to install are way to old for the windows you are installing it on.
I don't even know? Could it be i bought a wrong card?(that was the only one they had at the store)

I'm gonna have someone more qualified than myself look at it i guess...

Yes, was the same.

The thing is that there should be some lights when i plug it in the pc?

There's nothing atm,that's why i thought it's the port.

Not likely that both ports are u/s. Can't believe I'm going to ask this but you did plug the cable into your card and didn't leave it in the integrated port?
"The thing is that there should be some lights when i plug it in the pc?" Not if it doesn't recognise that an active cable has been plugged into it.

Not likely that both ports are u/s. Can't believe I'm going to ask this but you did plug the cable into your card and didn't leave it in the integrated port?
"The thing is that there should be some lights when i plug it in the pc?" Not if it doesn't recognise that an active cable has been plugged into it.
Hahaha,i just plugged it into the card and it is working.I am so glad you did ask lol

Off-topic now my sound is coming from computer and not the speakers i have,any tips for that?

Back