My Ati Radeon 7670m doesn't work anymore... Thank you !

Teutonique

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hello, Happy New Year! I hope it starts well! 

I’m French and I’m sorry for my really bad spelling.

I have a laptop (4 month old), an HP pavilion g7-2050sf (French) and it was playing Battlefield 3 with medium graphics and Call of Duty Black Ops 1 with maximum graphics (with the Ati Radeon 7670m).
I saw on the AMD website that there is a beta version of Catalyst Control Center that will improve my performances. I download it, install it but I don’t see any difference.
When I bought Far Cry 3 a week after, it was using my Intel HD Graphics 3000 and not my 7670m and my Switchable Graphics menu were stopping Catalyst Control Center every time I tried to open it.
So I uninstall the beta version and re-install the AMD driver (from HP website) and the SwitchGra’s menu of CCC were working normally. And every application I was using was ‘detecting’ my AMD 7670m but was using my Intel chip-set (freakily bad…).
I uninstall and re-install 10 times maybe. It did nothing more. I deleted every AMD/ATI folder and re-installed my official AMD (from HP, especially for my laptop) drivers (every driver I found on the website). It didn't work more.
I tried almost everything I know except uninstalling from the Device Manager and re-installing (don’t want to make things worse) and restoring my laptop (those are my two last solutions).

I would like to know if there is anything I can do to repair it??

THANK YOU!!

PS: sorry for the size… It’s very nice from you to have read that, thank you! Two weeks that I’m trying, I’m losing hope, so any idea will be VERY welcome! ;)

Bienvenue!

Check in the BIOS/UEFI if you can disable the integrated graphics. (Battery life will suffer, but it's a nice test.)

Might be worth backing up your data and doing a factory reset.

If none of that works it's likely to be a hardware issue, so get in contact with the vendor for a repair. As it's 4 months old it should be covered by warranty.

And, for what it's worth, your English is better than my French ;)

Last edited:
Thank you for this very fast answer !

For the BIOS, I tried, but there is nothing to change it...
So, i might do a reset factory...
But, can it do anything bad to my laptop if I uninstall ma GPU in the device manager to re-install it after ?

should be fine it will also ask if you want to uninstall the drivers ,i would say yes .

there is a dedicated program to uninstall nvidia and ati drivers completely from the registry ,but i forgot its name :(

maybe you need to completely remove all the graphics drivers and do a fresh install of them

I already did a complete remove of all graphics drivers... I think I'll deactivate the Intel GPU and see if it works, after I will uninstall the ATI card from the Device Manager (but i'm scared because it's wrote "only for advanced users". I know, for the windows definition, I am an advanced user, but I don't want to make my computer worse...)

And thank you for the advice ;)

I'm sorry for the double post...
I tried deactivate the Intel Chipset and it was going well until I tried a game. It just stopped saying that my AMD drivers weren't recognized... I updated it with last week from the HP website...
So I just reactivated it and i'm still trying to find a solution...

the drivers arent installed correctly uninstall the graphics card from the device manager , remove drivers at the same time when it asks .also disable the intel on board graphics in bios /or device manager.
reboot the machine it will rediscover the ati graphics card . then go down load ati newest catalyst drivers for it .

Oh my god ! I think it fixed it !! I have low fps during the first 5 seconds of playing, but after it works normally !

Thanks so much guys !!
Happy New Year ! You just made mine becoming better that what I thought :)

Back