### New laky - sylas FTA image ###

i'm sorry for snapping.

it's just difficult to find owt worth reading and to help people!!!!!!

hey - i'm in wallsend - you down the firestation tonight? ;)

Yes you can.

Press the blue button - select filemanger and scroll to your keylist.txt file, press 4 to edit BEFORE going into the file the use the remote to put in latest keys.

: multi :

thanks. i managed to sort it out. i knew how to do it but some reason it want updating keys for me to change? found out few roms were disabled. workin ok now,

Which dir does this go in DBOX2? I have lakys pro in and i tried in tmp and i read flash and tried writing but the backup i made was just listed. I'm sure it coud have overwritten the sylas image i was trying to put on?

Which dir does this go in DBOX2? I have lakys pro in and i tried in tmp and i read flash and tried writing but the backup i made was just listed. I'm sure it coud have overwritten the sylas image i was trying to put on?

Hi,

Ftp new image into tmp, go to image backup/flash and select flash image (not backup), the image should show up there, select and go. If you want to keep a copy of your current image, sellect backup and ftp the image out of tmp then delete from tmp, ftp new image in and go as above.

Muskrat

just flashed this image onto my nokia dbox 2, image seems pretty slick but i'm having trouble with the FTP to my box, is ther a different login and password on Laky images as this is the first one I have used, been a bit of a commando loyalist up until now.

Any help would be much appreciated.

just flashed this image onto my nokia dbox 2, image seems pretty slick but i'm having trouble with the FTP to my box, is ther a different login and password on Laky images as this is the first one I have used, been a bit of a commando loyalist up until now.

Any help would be much appreciated.

username - root password dbox2

Sorry to be a complete NOOB but I can't download the file. Also how would I flash this on to my box? Is there a tutorial some where? Thanks!

Sorry to be a complete NOOB but I can't download the file. Also how would I flash this on to my box? Is there a tutorial some where? Thanks!

you need more constructive posts before downloading anything,
also if you go back 2 the main dbox receivers menu there is a FAQ sticky at the top everything u need to know is in there

Hi,

Ftp new image into tmp, go to image backup/flash and select flash image (not backup), the image should show up there, select and go. If you want to keep a copy of your current image, sellect backup and ftp the image out of tmp then delete from tmp, ftp new image in and go as above.

Muskrat

Yeh man thanks but i did that but it says file selector and its blank lol! Do i have to rename it?

Yeh man thanks but i did that but it says file selector and its blank lol! Do i have to rename it?

If you are using flash fxp to ftp to the box when you move the image to the temp file it should be visible in your box files. Then you should be able to go to image upgrade, flash one partition, flash without bootloader and your image should be there. By the sounds of it your image is not in the folder.

Im using flash fxp, lemme use another one. I double checked to see if the file was there on my pc but forgot with tux commander :( Im going to try to rename the file to imagefile.img then puttin it in tmp dir.

Im using flash fxp, lemme use another one. I double checked to see if the file was there on my pc but forgot with tux commander :( Im going to try to rename the file to imagefile.img then puttin it in tmp dir.

Are you sure you are sending your image to the tmp folder. In flash fxp you should see the image in the tmp folder among the other files. You should not need to rename it.

brilliant image.. definitely improved the quality of picture on my tv.

many thanks.

Just stumbled upon something worrying! I transfered the file across and i shutdown my dbox and started it again and it was gone! Do i have to keep it on or what?

Just stumbled upon something worrying! I transfered the file across and i shutdown my dbox and started it again and it was gone! Do i have to keep it on or what?

Sent you a pm with an ftp guide. If you follow the steps correctly you should have no probs.

It does dissapear when you reboot the box,once you put in the image file dont reboot or you will have to ftp it back again to flash.

It does dissapear when you reboot the box,once you put in the image file dont reboot or you will have to ftp it back again to flash.

OH SNAP. So i have to move my collosal quad core downstairs?:grayno:

Back