New Image! SS-Enigma v2.0 2x

not having much fun!

Dreambox Edit : can load IN the current bouquets and services straight from the box - any changes i make and export - don't happen on the box, either by the in-program FTP bit OR if i FTP the temp folder where the changes i make i kept - they don't apply on the box after a reboot? i'm sending them to var/tuxbox/config/enigma

Bouquet Wiz 3.0.3 : Set those settings, sees the box fine, gotta set the cables.xml to share/tuxbox cause thats the only place i can find it - it seems to read something in but nothing appears in the display. Weird. yes, i know it's 3.0.3 but i can't find an earlier version

Sorry to be a pain - i thought i was quite good with dbox stuff - i'm lost with engima stuff

i'm about to quit. another 30 mins then it's cig break lol

i'm about to quit. another 30 mins then it's cig break lol

O.k we will allow the ciggy break but you are not allowed to quit. You must perservere with it and the help will be here as you know (from others though as I am a bit thick), besides that, I am very interested in the solution incase I need it when I try this enigma image.

lol - i needed that bit of 'geeing up' - normally i have a 5 second attention span but i've stayed with it this long as i love the look of it and i'm sure it's only my limitations that are causing the bother!!! re-flashing now as i'm not sure whether it's gone read only or something.

re-flash complete - re-scanning for channels now...

I just uploaded v3.0.0 for you on here but god knows where it has actually gone!

If you find it, uninstall the v3.0.3 first, then delete the "bouquet wizard" folder it leaves behind in c:\program files, then install the v3.0.0 one

Then when you run it, it might connect to the net, find a newer version (3.0.3) and ask if you want to upgrade, just select NO.

hth

Boswell

yeah, i noticed it left the old folder behind - i have found 3.0.1 though - downloads are bust - stick it on megaupload or something then post the link, if the mods don't mind ;)

EDIT : Found a different version in the older downloads : 3.0

AND 2.5.3 here too, just in case , if it supports Enigma : 2.5.3

Last edited by a moderator:
SORTED (so far) Bouquet Wizard 3.0.0 has now read in the services - just exported back with a new bouquet to test it, rebooted - looking good!

whether it was the reflash - i'm not sure - but bouquet wizard WASNT working b4 - NICE 1 BOSWELL!

Nice to see you didnt quit after all MoS. It wouldnt be you if you did, glad its sorted and I do hope you keep us posted on your findings as I am hoping to get the time at weekend to try it.

Glad you got it sorted mate, I'm sure it was the version of BW you was using as I have had all sorts of problems with 3.0.3

3.0.0 was the only one that worked for me.

currently got RSI from dragging and dropping channels into the new bouquets lol - cheer guys - will keep you posted - sorry for the massive hijack Al ;)

Loaded this image this evening and really like the look of it.

Copied service file and bouquet over with bouquet wizard ( 3.0.1) OK , ftp'd in cams and keys and all works well, and so far very stable on all channels.

Couldnt sus out scanning ( manually) but the automatic did set off, but looked like it would take ages so cancelled out and used service files as above.

Using gbox and 014, no freezing or chirping.

Only thing cant work out is how to set up the volume. it doesn't have any effect. Any other uses got any ideas ??

cheers

Freddy

Volume buttons on the remote should work fine, check you are connected to the tv scart (not video) and picture quality should be better also!

Edit: Chirping? Are you using a Sagem? interested in your feedback as I don't know how this performs on a Sagem.

Volume buttons on the remote should work fine, check you are connected to the tv scart (not video) and picture quality should be better also!

Edit: Chirping? Are you using a Sagem? interested in your feedback as I don't know how this performs on a Sagem.

Re volume I have all cables etc just as they were before when volume worked fine although i always had to set the volume on neutrino images to "ost ". I dont want to really clambour behind all the A/V equipment and sort out the tangled mess of wires for fear of disturbing something ! Have dbox connected to both DVD recorder and TV but cant remember which scarts went where off the cuff but all worked well.

Re chirping I have a nokia x2. It did use to freeze, spit, chirp etc on some channels prior to blades images so my comment reflects that the SS enigima image is at least as good as blades neutrinos in that respect.

Still looking to see how to set up manual scanning and if there is a similar facility to sections background scanning.

cheers

Freddy

By now, it's clearly evident to me that Boswell is SatSearching, the author of this fine image.

Lol, I get everywhere don't I AL, knew you would rumble me soon.

Thanks for putting the image on here AL, as I said in the readme, a lot of what I learn't came from reading this forum so credit to Digital Worldz.

SS/Boswell

Fun and games....

Tried putting on the skins....blackpearl2 didnt appear to take although it came up as a skin choice in the menu after ftping the files over.....then tried pulse dark, which also appeared in the menu but on reboot gave me KEIN system !!

So had to climb in to the a/c cabinet to IFA. Checked the scart cable and it was in the VCR socket of the dbox so switched to the TV and reflashed a backup of SS enigma i had taken with services and bouquets, and all is fine again.....and the volume now works.

Thanks to Boswell for his advice and creation of this great image :)

cheers

Freddy

Thanks, glad you like it

AL will be able to help you with the skins as he did the work for that.

Boswell

Hmmm, I just checked the Release rar, and the instructions and folder paths are immaculate.

Contents of the skins folder is ftp'd to:
/share/tuxbox/enigma/skins/ (which is 2 files- xxx.esml and xxx.info)

Contents of the pictures folder is ftp'd to:
/share/tuxbox/enigma/pictures/ (which is a complete folder)

Reboot, or restart Enigma- and the new Skin will appear in relevant box. Select it, and it will restart Enigma, and voilá! New Skin!

Perhaps you don't like it, so want to try another? Or maybe you prefer the new one to the default skin, but want to try another? No problem!!

First delete the one you don't want, using the path info above. I don't advise doing this with a resident skin, so make sure you're running the skin you want to keep, then delete the other one you don't want.

Now add the next skin you want to try, as above. Why all this palaver? Well, this is a JFFS2 uncompressed image, so space is a bit tight, therefore you can't just keep adding new Skins ad infinitum...

If you run out of space when adding skins via ftp, at some point, the process will stop before all the files have transferred. Corrupt Skin = Kein System when you try and select it. Tell me about it, LOL!!!

Enigma advice is that when you find the Skin that you like, delete the other one. But be careful please!! ONLY delete stuff that you know for certain that YOU have added. There's other stuff in those folders reqd by Enigma itself- delete any of that and you'll be crying... :Kickassro

Have fun! Cheers- AL

Thanks for the advice on skins.

Maybe i deleted one of the more critical files that Enigma needs, didn't think I had but will leave alone for now. The default skin is pretty god anyway but couldnt resist tinkering ........... Maybe later !!

Nice to see more people trying out enigma. For those who've been having problems using bouquet wizard try using bouqueter instead, its very easy to set up and will convert your neutrino services no problem its in the downloads here
https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?resources/636/

thanks for all the hard work satsearching and al

thebigman

Last edited by a moderator:
Back