new fix not working on dm600

Ok I've updated MrDude noob n the Cli image for dm600 both working fine with new roms after an edit but it wasn't all plain sailing.

I noticed with both images that permissions didn't seem correct on some files or ownership of a file looked odd in comparison to others, I'm no expert they just looked wrong to me!

I'm speculatiing here but I figured they were either corrupt or incorrect files, this was confirmed in my eyes when osborne82 posted a new set of files for the cli image which help get that running. Permissions still needed to be set correctly though.

So for the MrDude noob image I used the specific files from the new set of files to replace the files needed for Evo n MG (there is a thread here that states all the files required for those cams n where they go) I assume I was correct as that now works to. I'm gonna test next the version of Evo that osborne82 posted with this image now as well to checkout the freezing issue.

I have seen comments here that when backing up an image some files don't work correctly when restored. So I would suggest deleting then replacing all files revelant to the cam u r using, make sure the cam isn't running when editing files as good practice n check permissions.

I'm gonna test this myself when I get time (Disable Cams when doing an Image Backup) I would think it gives the best chance of getting a good backup image?

Hope this helps

Until yesterday I was using the Dm600 backup image created by Bainsy which was working perfectly except for the Telext option which he had removed from his box as he never used it but he was kind enough to provide a plugin which added the telext back to the box. All working fine except after a litlle while I noticed I could not switch on/off the teletext when required.

In the end I thought I would reflash the Dm600 and add the fix as there was enough information floating about on the site. I reflashed the box and then added the fix but no matter what I tried I could not get it working normally. I reread some of the posts and than I tried the files 'evo and scce' supplied by Osborne82 ealier in the thread and this fixed the box for me.

Anyone else still having problems with their box might want to try those files. Osborne82 this is not the first time you have helped me out and I am sure it won't be the last time. Thanks Osborne82.

Back