New File Added:Dreamboxuk 2.1.2 sim 210 ssl84b with sun/earth/moon boot logo

AJT

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi just to let you know i have added a new file in downloads.
dreamboxuk 2.1.2 sim 210 ssl84b based on openpli 2.1 by augda.
with a decent boot logo.(earth and sun,moon)
I have been running this image for a while and is the best i have come across after flashing loads.
nice and smooth,very stable,easy to set up,plenty of room left for plugins.

I was running a DBUK image up until last week, I've now gone to a Pure OpenPLI build from source gjstroom image. I found DBUK was becoming tempremental with plugins installed Iplayer, 1channel etc.. Slowed down a lot and needed a reboot every couple of days.

I was running a DBUK image up until last week, I've now gone to a Pure OpenPLI build from source gjstroom image. I found DBUK was becoming tempremental with plugins installed Iplayer, 1channel etc.. Slowed down a lot and needed a reboot every couple of days.

Hi i guess it all depends on what you install anyway.I have not tried iplayer plugin..some use plugins no problem and others with same image do have problems..strange really

Are you running one of his latest virgin builds?

I couldnt get them to run properly plus they were creating some strange folders in my tmp folder,which kept reappearing after every boot

I couldnt get them to run properly plus they were creating some strange folders in my tmp folder,which kept reappearing after every boot
I have been reading about that,many folks asking if its safe to delete them?
I am relatively new to this and wonder why would someone need to do a daily build?

Hi just to let you know i have added a new file in downloads.
dreamboxuk 2.1.2 sim 210 ssl84b based on openpli 2.1 by augda.
with a decent boot logo.(earth and sun,moon)
I have been running this image for a while and is the best i have come across after flashing loads.
nice and smooth,very stable,easy to set up,plenty of room left for plugins.

Hi

I'm not new to this just crap at it, will this still need the 84b bootloader putting on after flash. :)

Yeah I downloaded the latest nightly build that was available a few days ago. Flashed fine at first attempt from web browser SSL 84b is already integrated. Haven't noticed the strange folders in /tmp. I will have a play tonight and check.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Which of the versions of the pure OpenPLi gstroom images are you using? These are my favourite images for the dm800se, nice and clean.

I have been using the 04-Oct-12 version but there is an updated version available with the OpenPLi 3 logos available, just wondered if you were using the very latest download and what you thought of it?

Just seen your post above this one, "posts crossed in the ether"

Cdmt
Pimpi

Last edited:
Which of the versions of the pure OpenPLi gstroom images are you using? These are my favourite images for the dm800se, nice and clean.

I have been using the 04-Oct-12 version but there is an updated version available with the OpenPLi 3 logos available, just wondered if you were using the very latest download and what you thought of it?

Just seen your post above this one, "posts crossed in the ether"

Cdmt
Pimpi

That's the exact version I'm using the one with the open pli 3 boot logo, trees and snow. I've had it running about 4 days and it's fine installed iPlayer plugin and 1channel last night both work fine. I'm going to update the skin though the base skin is very plain ! Crossepg is setup and works fine with daily download to USB. Haven't had any issues so far runs faster then dbuk did. It's only been 4 days though and this box is in a bedroom so it hasn't been stress tested.
The build was the latest nightly build available when I downloaded it a few days ago.

That's the exact version I'm using the one with the open pli 3 boot logo, trees and snow. I've had it running about 4 days and it's fine installed iPlayer plugin and 1channel last night both work fine. I'm going to update the skin though the base skin is very plain ! Crossepg is setup and works fine with daily download to USB. Haven't had any issues so far runs faster then dbuk did. It's only been 4 days though and this box is in a bedroom so it hasn't been stress tested.
The build was the latest nightly build available when I downloaded it a few days ago.

Does your dm800se have internal WiFi and if it does did you need to update the WirelessLAN folder files to get the WiFi to work?

I was having problems getting the WiFi to work on the Oct-12 version of this image until I overwrote the WirelessLan folder files with another set. Since then the WiFi is working OK.

Lastly, I would be interested to get your views on the reported issue re build up of files in the tmp folder for the latest version of the image if you manage to get round to investigating?

Cdmt
Pimpi

I don't have internal WiFi in my 800se. I'll post my findings on the /tmp folder strange folders.

Lastly, I would be interested to get your views on the reported issue re build up of files in the tmp folder for the latest version of the image if you manage to get round to investigating?

Cdmt
Pimpi

Have you heard of this from elsewhere m8,
I have raised this question with gjstroom and he seems to suggest its my boxes fault as nobody else has complained,

I also noticed that enigma2 wont run from fresh boot or deepstandy,need to start it by telnet,

But I'm running ferrets version which is based on the same versions and that works fine?

Its driving me nuts as I want to start from fresh with a virgin image,
might have to compile one myself

Hi mate i just googled openpli 2.1 dm800se clone gjstroom and read a load of forum post that came up.will have a look back see where i found them.

Hi mate i just googled openpli 2.1 dm800se clone gjstroom and read a load of forum post that came up.will have a look back see where i found them.

They could be mine :)

I have raised this question with gjstroom and he seems to suggest its my boxes fault as nobody else has complained,

I also noticed that enigma2 wont run from fresh boot or deepstandy,need to start it by telnet,

But I'm running ferrets version which is based on the same versions and that works fine?

Its driving me nuts as I want to start from fresh with a virgin image,
might have to compile one myself

problem posted on dreamoem site

Last edited by a moderator:
My alter ego :D

I kind of thought it was.
so we need a good image nice and stable like dbuk but a little faster and dont have stupid daft boot logos..who comes up with some of them.

Last edited:

No, not heard of from elsewhere, it was just from the comments in this thread.

Cdmt
Pimpi

hi guys just tried to load this image dm800hd se a8p seemed to go ok but when box is booted up I get no picture just a screen with coloured lines down it...checked all connections there fine, any ideas??

Back