New File Added: Amiko Alien SHD-8900 Beginners Tutorial

To use mgcamd look at this:

To allow mgcamd to share from both CCcam and Newcs, you must ensure that in the file mg_cfg, you edit the settings for the value of G: { x }
Settings are cumulative, you sum the values of the emus you want to connect to.. Have a quick look, but don’t dwell on it.
Set G: { 33 }
Simple so far? it gets easier..
Edit cccamd.list and paste in a C-line as normal e.g.
C: myfriend.dyndns.com 12000 myname mypass
close and save.
Edit newcamd.list
You may see something like:
CWS_KEEPALIVE = 300
CWS_INCOMING_PORT = 21000

leave that alone..
If someone gives you an N-line like this
N: myfriend.dyndns.com 15000 myname mypass 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14
add it to the end of the newcamd.list like this:
CWS = myfriend.dyndns.com 15000 myname mypass 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 server1
Close and save
Restart mgcamd.

It is not that hard just look for the G: { xx } setting

eg G: { 01 } means newcamd client newcamd.list
G: { 32 } means cccam client cccamd.list

It is not that hard just look for the G: { xx } setting

eg G: { 01 } means newcamd client newcamd.list
G: { 32 } means cccam client cccamd.list

So it just means for mg cam to read the nline from either newcamd.list. List or cccamd. List? It reads back very complicated

so i have mgcam installed and i need a file called cccamd.list ? and then i need to edit mg_cfg some how?

i hope.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

Last edited:
It just the tells the emu what to look for, for example if you had two lines say n and a c then by just adding the two values you would get 01 +32 G: { 33 } which means the mgcamd looks at two servers newcam and cccam.

Because you have n line I would set the setting at this G: { 01 } and then use newcamd.list to enter line.
Ive uploaded mg_cfg with what I believe your setting should be and a newcamd.list with example n line from your pm added lan at the end but depends on set up could be wan or try newcs if you have problems, remember to set mg_cfg attributes to 755.

View attachment mgcamdeg.zip

It just the tells the emu what to look for, for example if you had two lines say n and a c then by just adding the two values you would get 01 +32 G: { 33 } which means the mgcamd looks at two servers newcam and cccam.

Because you have n line I would set the setting at this G: { 01 } and then use newcamd.list to enter line.
Ive uploaded mg_cfg with what I believe your setting should be and a newcamd.list with example n line from your pm added lan at the end but depends on set up could be wan or try newcs if you have problems, remember to set mg_cfg attributes to 755.

View attachment 75506

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/377470/#post2337901

this blokes saying he does still get judder!!! ahhh

Last edited by a moderator:
Must be just me then I only got Alien 8900 recently and tried HDMU image and the PKT Hyperion image on which I am using oscam and still without the judder, I think a poll should be done to see who gets judder and those that don't. Another thing I read was that those using Spark don't get the judder.

Hi ! Thank you for this guide. I've just received my alien 8900 today and I will read this guide to learn how to configure it.

Hi all
Just installed rats plugin on enigma but cant find it to update. Sorry im a newbie!

Thanks in advance

Im sorry I dont know your receiver mate :( I cant help
these boxes have enigma 2 and spark if Im right ? are you in enigma 2 mode
should show up in plugins menu :)

Im sorry I dont know your receiver mate :( I cant help
these boxes have enigma 2 and spark if Im right ? are you in enigma 2 mode
should show up in plugins menu :)

Yes I'm in enigma mode. Used ftp to transfer the file. Stated installed successfully but when I go to the plugin menu I can't see it :-(

I take it you restarted Enigma (rebooted box)

Im sure Ive read people have this working on the Amiko but a search dont bring much up

Im sure @GavinP has it installed

sorry my box blew up! my fault! im in mourning. best box id ever had once set up correctly.

Try the plug ins manager. or put it on a usb stick install and run it from there using the plug ins manager

sorry my box blew up! my fault! im in mourning. best box id ever had once set up correctly.

Try the plug ins manager. or put it on a usb stick install and run it from there using the plug ins manager

bad news about your box :-(

managed to install it but cannot locate it in plug in menu

I've got both Rat's bouquet and picon updater installed they work great you will find them in the plugins menu if installed properly.

I'd remove it and start again mate

remove folder from /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins reboot box and install again

Back