New File Added: Amiko Alien SHD-8900 Beginners Tutorial

I bought one Golden Media 990 Spark Reloaded (Alien 8900 clone), I'll receive it on Monday and until then I want to find out which is the best E2 image for this receiver. What is the recommended E2 image?

I bought it new in Portugal for 99 euros, a great price for what I have found online. I was reading the forum rules and I think I can not disclose the name of the store... or can I?

I bought it new in Portugal for 99 euros, a great price for what I have found online. I was reading the forum rules and I think I can not disclose the name of the store... or can I?

Can you pm me then please.

Thanks for this, was a maze when setting up my amiko first time, will use this if I ever reset.

Guys i have enigma 2 with HDMU and the image is not clear any suggestions?Thanks

is this really work for Amiko Alien ? I mean can i use cccan for this Box?

You need to use oscam for best results

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

any updates?

The downloads section automatically made that post above when I moved it, it's just updating the forum if that makes sense... That the file was moved.

Thanks
Mick

Hi I got an amiko 8900 clone and the ftp is not working (telnet is working)
please help
Thanks

Hi tecview,
I dont have knowledge of linux, but use a amiko shd 8900.
When i want to enter the box via my home network i enter the network name in my browser. I.e.: stlinux
At your browser adressline enter:
ftp://stlinux
when a welcome menu pops up enter user root and password root.

But perhaps your problem is that nothing happens?
Then i dont know what to do

hi JanD, thanks for your reply. I tried that also but nothing happend, I get the message:
500 OOPS: priv_sock_get_cmd
Any other help welcome.

I assumed you use windows; this error message indicates your operation system is ubuntu or another unix derivate.
I think the problem has nothing to do with the amiko box.
Yuo better go to a linux forum.
I looked around with Google for the error message and your not the first one.

I do use windows vista and the amiko has the spark version. I tried a lot of different ftp programs but the same result. I tried also dcc and it connects with telnet but not with ftp (using root, root), Do you think I ned to install again the image?
Thanks
P.S. if you found a solution in another forum please give me the link

I already said i dont know much of linux. And i gave proof of that with my previous answer.
So you use Vista and within Vista your browser.
So the error is caused by your browser OR by the linux box.
You said you tried various ftp programs.
I use none.
The ftp connection goes via your browser!
I suggest to remove software you installed specially to acces the amiko-clone via ftp.
There is no special need for that nor a plugin for the browser.
Eventually try another browser.

But if you encounter the error only after a successfull login, then the linux kernel in the box is due to it.

Then a image reinstall could help.
Be carefull with restore factory settings; before doing that backup the amiko

Back