### New Dons V4 Feedback ###

The picture quality of this image is like HD

The picture quality of this image is like HD.
It has to be one if not the best out there for the D-Box.
I strongly suggest you do not alter this part of the image and only build on the extras of the image. ie: EPG on the LCD and include the menu editing functions like in Commando 8.
So one can remove the menu options that they do not need.

I will be looking out for your work. Excellent image keep up the good work.
Had it on running stable for 2 days now very impressed.

Cablerat.....

good

nice one don,put this image on my daughters box that came with commando 7.5 on it.i tryed putting keys into the 7.5 image but could not get it working.put the dons on it & hay presto running smooth. cheers thanks for all the help i got of all members with this box.:eater:

I had a bit of an issue when changing ucodes, after the restart it had deleted the service.xml so i needed to scan again. Other than that perfect. Seems nice and stable. Great work!!!

the feedback is getting more and more interesting

keep them coming please and thanks for everyone that leaves their feedback

after i loaded up my own xml files and rebooted several days later i got an error saying ucodes were missing ?, i didnt delete the ucodes wither, why should i ?

after i loaded up my own xml files and rebooted several days later i got an error saying ucodes were missing ?, i didnt delete the ucodes wither, why should i ?

im a bit confused?

anyway glad to hear that your all happy with the smoothness and the picture sharpness as thats the main thing

thanks to all

Put it on a couple of days ago and have had no probs
up to you usual standard
thanks

After all the great feedback, especially about the picture quality, I decided to give this a whirl. Had the ucodes problem as mentioned, but sorted that and all good :)

Just one thing, no HDD menu? :(

tried commando 8.10 and was a little disappointed the picture quality on satanta, and a few other channels so i tried this, had the ucode problem like most but sorted that out (cheers for all that posted there fixes)
and i have to say......

WOW, v nice...

dunno if this can be done or not, I've set up a few eurovox in the last 2 weeks and they have a nice option in the channel set up where you can arrange you channels by frequency or name (alphabetically), would be nice if you could implement that into your image some how....

anyways top image and keep up the good work
Mubz

Thanks again mrdontay.
- I have been using this for a few days now. To be honest id been using my Digital Worldz Pro1 image very happily for ages as the picture quality was very good on that one. Saw the efforts you were making for picture qualtiy with this image so encouraged an update.

All things working very well from the minute I put it on. Scanned pefectly for channels no problems at all. Probably the quickest and best pickup out of all images I have ever used.

Channel change and picture quality is all very good. Its at least as good as the digital worlds pro1 image on my 32inch LCD telly via Scart. Might try and do a one for one comparison this week.

I will provide further feedback once I have tried to install this IDE interface I have just got from Hallenberg and give the recording a go.

I need to find instructions on this forum on how to install it. I am a muppet when it comes to this stuff.

Thanks.

Thanks mrdontay have used your donv2 for ages thought i,d try your new one been on for two days picture quiality very good scanned quickly used your location not sure if im in manchester 1 or 2 dont change image very much but the ones ive tried this is the best one
thanks again
chrisgolf

i had one freeze tonight, but it wasn't like the one's i got when i used the sporster image. when they happened i had to restart the box, but with the dons image all i had to do was flick channels.

apart from that it's all good

Mubz

Been running it for about 3 days now on one of my boxes and im impressed, picture quality is excellent.Not had the ucodes problem so far and it seems to be very stable.Only lockups ive had is when using "direct recording" but this could just be a matter of trying different settings.

Nice job mrdontay

mrdontay - is the HDD menu not included in this image? Thanks.

mrdontay - is the HDD menu not included in this image? Thanks.

think you have answered it yourself

Just one thing, no HDD menu? :(

also ths is for the smoothness and picture quality that everyone voted on

also the HDD menu can be added all it takes is a little reading and following some tuts

thanks to all for the feedback its great so far

Looks like a very good image, will report back in a couple of days.

Thanks

am impressed with this image so far. had no probs with ucodes or anything else. picture quality is smooth and no freezes so far in the first 24hrs. thanks

Back