New challenge for you guys!!

wannaplay

Inactive User
Reaction score
So i've got this dm500s sitting here not doing much...

I thought about making it into just a plain server. Using pli+oscam1.20+cccam2.1.3+ntptime server+skyukcard.

Id like oscam to be able to read the card, recieve emm's using dvbapi to automatically update entitlements. Cccam would be used as a plain server just transfering ecm's from my shares and my card to my shares (like a pc server). The box would be a server and not for viewing purposes.

I'm just trying to make use of this old box, see what i can do with it.

If this hasn't been done already of course! :)

wannaplay

And have you actually tried to start this project yourself m8?

Where have you got stuck?

I'm no programmer i'm afraid... if only!!

I would have no idea where to start, i just use the software for my needs. I checked on here and basically this is almost done, with abu's file in the dm500 download section: DM500 PLI with Oscam 6574 and CCcam 2.13 (11 May 2012 v2).

There just needs a couple of things that didn't work with his, the dvbapi didn't update the card entitlements. ANd using Cccam as a plain server just transfering ecm's from my shares and my card to my shares (like a pc server), i imagine a script could be made to do this task. But i'm just guessing!

So i've found out how to do this, by using abu's backup image, but replacing the oscam that was installed since it wasn't working, also using mgcamd instead of cccam, oscam handles your peers with cccam protocal and reads ur card at the same time. and with mgcamd u can update the entitlements (emm's) on ur card.

It makes an excellent server - in North America it is what most people use :)

Back