New Back Up Out In The Plug In Folder (complete back up.!)

dibbers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Chaps, there's a new plug in out in the tspanel to make a complete back up of your image and the way your box is, no more messing about running a command etc...

Thought I'd let you all know just incase..... happy days...

screenshot1.jpg

screenshot2.jpg

It creates a file called [email protected] in my case and is 53 meg in size.....

(p.s loving the little coloured menu drop down box thing! it's nice, could it be a different colour per box?)

if i new how to download them from the dream i'd have up-loaded it, lol, but i'm sure you all have the "tspanel"?

Last edited:
no problem, all works fine, takes about 8 minutes to write the image so be patient as the box looks like it's hung but it's all on screen when it's doing it so easy.....

cheers for this bud ill try it later!

back up the image and then back up your settings, should you ever need to restore the image after you restart it will ask you do you want to restore settings and then clicking yes away she goes, back to where you were. happy days.

what do ya mean backup image then backup settings mate, does it not just do that all in the 1 file just ready to flash back, obviously never looked at it yet so just asking before i dive in!

actually yes, just ignore that.....that's why it's called a backup...lol me being a dumb ass.

Once it's created the backup just ftp in or the like and grab it and then should you need to flash it, just use the backup that you created instead of the stock image.

actually yes, just ignore that.....that's why it's called a backup...lol me being a dumb ass.

Once it's created the backup just ftp in or the like and grab it and then should you need to flash it, just use the backup that you created instead of the stock image.
does it go into tmp folder mate once its backed it up, then just a case of ftp'in it to desktop

you can choose where it goes, but yes, the process is the same.

Have a look at the 2nd screen shot, you'll see it says "backup location" you can put it on a USB if you want to etc.

But yes then FTP and grab it and then save it.

you can choose where it goes, but yes, the process is the same.

Have a look at the 2nd screen shot, you'll see it says "backup location" you can put it on a USB if you want to etc.

But yes then FTP and grab it and then save it.
cheers bud all straight forward innit, ill sort it out later and might try a few different images once ill have a nice backup of my current setup, nowt the matter with it but nice to have a mess aboot!

meo-boot is always some thing to play with like if you want to boot into new images, how ever, I'm back on the normal one...lol...

aslong as iv got a nice backup sorted bud im not fussed with meo boot like, would rather just have the 1 image on at any1 time. gunna download a few images now to try later, give is summit to do!

just watch out for the SSL ;)
aye mate made that mistake far too many times, done it just the other day infact, twat when it happens for me as i had to dig my pc out the back of the cupboard and set it up just to flash the box, was gutted lol, infact its still out on my dining table now, will have to get it put back away ha!

just done it there mate, does the ssl get built into the image then, as it has put a folder with the ssl in next to the actual image file, but if its built in no use flashing it 1st, but if you cant confirm ill always flash ssl 1st lol, just 1 less reboot to do if it is infact built in!

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    19 KB · Views: 6
I'm sure it's all built in mate, as when I've re-flashed it back then it's all worked and I've never had to bother with that folder, I think it just backs that up for you if you want it..

I'm sure it's all built in mate, as when I've re-flashed it back then it's all worked and I've never had to bother with that folder, I think it just backs that up for you if you want it..
its built into this image anyway isnt it so it might just be for images where the bootloader isnt built in that you would have to flash it from the folder beforehand! thats my assumption anyway lol!

not as far as i've seen like as that's what the backup does for you, I think it just creates that and saves it when it makes the backup....

Back