Neutrino.DREAM UK02 Feedback Thread

hi i had similar experiance i was trying to delete a channel from my bouquets and it froze on me i tried couple of times with same result since then i have not tried maybe liam needs to look at this.....when i shutdown at night i have a same problem the light stays green when it should be red...

trooperboy said:
I don't know if this will shed any light on your problem. I have found a bug in the neutrino uk02 image.

I was trying to delete a channel from a bouquet (from the dm, not from the pc) and my box went into radio mode. It got stuck in that mode so I rebooted, after the reboot I noticed the box had lost all my channels and bouquets. The only channels I could get were in radio mode.

I reflashed my dm and everything was ok. So I tried deleting a channel again and exactly the same thing happened.

So another reflash and all is ok again.

Maybe you found the same bug as me hopefuldreamer or maybe you found a bug of your own. Either way, reflash your box and you should be up and running again.

@loady

The direct file record doesn't work either, just fails with an error message saying unable to write. Yet you have to mount a fileshare from your PC just like you do to play back files.

Maybe these two problems are connected. I know in my case there is nothing wrong with the mount because I telnet'd onto to dreambox and copied files to the mounted fileshare so I know it works. The problem seems to exist with the neutrino software somewhere.

Trooperboy

sounds the same as mine.
at least ive a working backup now so it should be no problem to reflash
seems odd that so far only the menu button is unresponsive

zaf786 said:
hi i had similar experiance i was trying to delete a channel from my bouquets and it froze on me i tried couple of times with same result since then i have not tried maybe liam needs to look at this.....when i shutdown at night i have a same problem the light stays green when it should be red...
hi i put this post out earlier in which i stated i could not edit my bouquets well i tried it again with my remote and it worked fine no problems at all..so i must have been doing something wrong????

kabzy mabzy said:
on neutrino images the led always stays green even when on standby mode.

cheers

I've had it go red when standby on a neutrino image - but not very often. Maybe this could be fixed in a later image.

Liam

been playing around last night setting up bouquets(liam why didnt you tell me this was easy lol)deleting files you name it had no problems whats so ever 49 radio channels all work ,deleted bouquets ,played around and am having fun what else can i do to it????even the good lady can work it and she loves it too she has set her own bouquets via remote (god i must be a good teacher)need to try other things with it ?will go and play again to-day ta

is it the same as the sportster 1.75 on dbox2 and have full epg ?? thanks

Hi guys set my box up today looks great impressed overall just a couple of niggly bits that I can seem to figure out. Using UK02 image

1) I locked the adults bouquet with the PIN setup as well but the channels appear in background and it also asks for the PIN lol does this feature work?

2) The image appears to be using the emu mgcam according to screen when i change channels how do we change this as its alittle sticky for me..can this be changed to newcamd or evocamd as dboxes?

3) I have some channels that dont work well just the asian ones..zee cinema and Zee Tv blank screen and Ary is a pixel prob on screen but all the channels fine on my dbox...I converted the service file by adding the update to the image..

any help is appreciated

hi mate best thing to do with adult channel is hide them make a seperate bouquets put all your unwanted channel and hide them you need to ftp.with the asian channel should not be a problem..what area are you in......

Zaf786

forgot to mention I have created all my bouquets as they were on the dbox...so I have one for adults and asian etc...I have locked the adults bouquet it has a key next to it then I have gone to parental and put pin on locked bouquets. But when u go the channel it comes on and still asks for a PIN lol

As for the asian channels I added the new script for the uk02 so it can convert my dbox service file which it has done but asian channels both zees and ary dont work maybe a bad flash do you think or bad conversion?

any ideas about changing the emu? am in bradford by the way checked dbox again the channels are fine on there

@notanotherone.....Want something to do ? want a haircut ? try recording tv to your pc....you will pull out all of your hair.

@kyser143

Hi guys set my box up today looks great impressed overall just a couple of niggly bits that I can seem to figure out. Using UK02 image

1) I locked the adults bouquet with the PIN setup as well but the channels appear in background and it also asks for the PIN lol does this feature work?

2) The image appears to be using the emu mgcam according to screen when i change channels how do we change this as its alittle sticky for me..can this be changed to newcamd or evocamd as dboxes?

3) I have some channels that dont work well just the asian ones..zee cinema and Zee Tv blank screen and Ary is a pixel prob on screen but all the channels fine on my dbox...I converted the service file by adding the update to the image..

1. The only way i have found to stop the adult channels showing is by deleting them from the service file, if you hide the bouquet containing the adult channels it only stops it showing on the bouqet screen...if you browse thru the channels with the up & down button then you will still see them.

2. I believe you can change the cam settings, mrs watching tv so i cant play to see what menu it is on.

3. The asian channels are broadcast at a shitty bitrate, to recive them you need a very strong signal, because of the obsurity and low user rates of those channels they are banded at the bottom end of the scale, unlike bcc etc they will be right near the top of the scale. I know for a fact that my signal is very strong as i am on the highest tap at the greenbox in the road.

loady is right about the asian channels you do need a strong signal but if they are ok on dbox you should be ok on dreambox it might be problem with converted files try doing a scan.as with the adult channels try what i said in my last post once you ftp using your pc open your bouquets you will get two options locked and hide i always use hide what ever option you use change the 0 figure to 1 when you exit it will ask you if you want to save say yes....

I would disagree with that, the dreambox and dbox interpret the signal diffrently....i stand corrected though if i am wrong.

been playing with images today and after reverting back to the gemini 2.5 (sorry guys i still think its the better image) lost a lot of channels? couldnt understand this?
So after several rescans and reflashes had to investigate some more
found that the ariel plug i was using had bad contact inside (the outer core strands had broken away to just a few making contact must be all that unpluging lol) restripped the wire and refitted the ariel plug and hey presto get even more channels now than before

Might be worth noting

it,s all matter of choice mate if you are happy with the gemini image that,s great.but i love neutrino images they have better picture quality and they are simple to use ...........and lot,s of other stuff........

Ok guys what I decided to do was it leave it on scan..it was taking ages so left it to run its course I am now at work...sad I know.

As for signal issue I agree the asian channels do have a crappy output but I agree with Zaf that should my dbox pick this up and should a euro vox2 pick this up at my house then no reason why the dreambox should..maybe a scan will do the trick will update later when i get home.

Hi guys got back home checked the box and its found some channels well i am sure alot are missing but i think the uk02 is not that good at picking all channels up anyway...but I have same prob with ARY its still pixeling freezing etc and the scan does not appear to have picked up the two Zee channels at all...can anyone confirm they have these channels working ok. and whats the best image to use on the box for a scan eg which finds all channels..?

Kyser143 said:
Hi guys got back home checked the box and its found some channels well i am sure alot are missing but i think the uk02 is not that good at picking all channels up anyway...but I have same prob with ARY its still pixeling freezing etc and the scan does not appear to have picked up the two Zee channels at all...can anyone confirm they have these channels working ok. and whats the best image to use on the box for a scan eg which finds all channels..?
hi have all the asian channels with no problems but i am in midlands have a look in download section somebody might have posted services for your area try that....

gemini 2.5 has a bruteforce scan
im in hampshire and get all the channels fine no difference in picture quality on any of them

Like i said before try checking your lead in had same problem was a bad connection
only picked up some channels and half those i did have were pixalating

I may be wrong but i think Liam included a utility that will convert gemini services to neutrino, flash a gemini image configured to scan your freq...gemini images take about 5 minutes to do a complete scan!! then back up services and go back to neutrino image and either try and use the utility if it exists or compare your neutrino service xml with your gemini xml with a xml editer (i heard word pad works) find the channels that are working on the gemini (if any) then convert that part and add it to the neutrino.

EDIT : Prolly worth you starting a fresh thread mate, with a quick debrief as this is really feedback thread for image rather than trouble shooting.

Last edited:
Back