Neutrino.DREAM UK02 Feedback Thread

S

Speedy2206

DOWNLOAD IT HERE
Neutrino.DREAM UK02 by liamcrayden

The original change log:
- UK Timezone Fix (previously Neutrino was GMT+1, which screwed up the EPG and times)
- Front Row Patch (included by demand!)
- Custom addon installer (will only function with UK02_Scripts, more details soon)
- Gavs NV2 Magic Files (credits to gav12345)
- Better streaming (via udpstreampes and streamts)
- Faster VOD/Teleport scanning (scanning time has been halved!)
{{VOD channels only appear if something is being broadcast - there is also no EPG for VOD/Teleport content}}
- UK02 Customized Frame buffer
- Various other stuff that I forgot to mention

.... doesnt seem like much has been done but there are alot more things that I have changed in this image that I havent written down.

FRONT ROW EPG FIX INCLUDED
======================

The Front Row EPG patch has been included in this image. However, it is experimental only! This means that it has not been fully tested, and under no circumstances should it be assumed to be fully working.

Heres how it works.
Unfortunately the whole patch could not be fully implemented. Therefore there is a little procedure that you have to go through to get the Front Row channels working.

1. Firstly, go to a FTA channel (like BBC1) to check that it is working.
2. Go to a ENCRYPTED channel (like Sky Sports 1) to ensure you have the latest keys.
3. Switch to ANY Front Row channel.
The channel will display the words "waiting for EPG".
4. Press the YELLOW button twice in succession to activate the EPGInit() function.
5. Wait approximately 20 seconds for the EPG to download.
6. Switch to a different front row channel.
7. Upon changing back to the original front row channel, the EPG should now be active. You can also use the YELLOW button to choose a start time, if the movie is not showing at that time, or you wish to choose an alternative start time.
Important Note: you MUST allow time for the EPG to activate... this is a tempermental process at the moment and not 100% accurate, but it DOES work! So just play with it.
Also note that if no movie is showing on that particular channel it will either display "Waiting for EPG...", "No EPG available", or "Intermission".
This was the best I could do for now.

Please leave feedback in this thread :)
Liam

Dual Playback Modules

This is something I didnt mention in the writeup. Basically, the image uses TWO playback modules instead of one. This means that you can record Front Row channels effortlessly.

When recording, you are given the option to "Stop playback" and "Stop sectionsd". Most users tick these options, because it produces a perfect recording file, whereas leaving these options unticked sometimes results in recordings with errors.

Because this image uses TWO playback modules, you can now disable both playback AND sectionsd during recording, and STILL record your Front Row channels. This was not previously possible [to some extent].

Anyway, thats just a little feature I had forgotten about, but lets hope that some users actually get round to playing with it :)

Liam

this image is a masive improvement on the previous one liam but how does it transfer my dbox services and bouquets to the dreambox???

also how come my scan doesnt pick up front row channles ( ys they work perfectly in my area)??

cheers for any hep m8

kabzy mabzy said:
this image is a masive improvement on the previous one liam but how does it transfer my dbox services and bouquets to the dreambox???

also how come my scan doesnt pick up front row channles ( ys they work perfectly in my area)??

cheers for any hep m8

At the moment the DBOX2Dreambox service converter is not included as I havent written the script for it yet. Notice in the writeup however that I mention a "UK02 Addon Manager" .... this will allow me to release an update to the image with an INSTALLER, rather than releasing a completely new image.

I was about to sit down and have a cup of tea lol, and then quickly write the script before having an early night :)

---------
My scan on this image (Actually, ALL neutrino images for dreambox) only picks up Front Row 48, Front Row 50, Front Row 12, and Front Row 7... whereas the DBOX2 picks up nearly all of them.

The problem is this: the neutrino binary instructs that only channels with over 43% Signal-to-Noise Ratio are included in the services.xml file. Neutrino does actually pick up the channels, but doesnt include them in your channel list and discards them at the end of the scan.

The ENIGMA BASED images do not contain this instruction, and therefore ALL channels are picked up, regardless of the quality of the signal.
Strange but true; as of yet I have no fix for this.

Liam

thanks for that info, no wonder i cudnt pick nothing up. altho my enigma scan onl picked up 5-10 ppv channels. strange.

i will just wait for that service convertor then.

hi liam i am glad to say you have sorted my front row problem.i followed your instructions with uko2 image they worked perfect.i haven,t got word to describe you liam.....dreambox genius....thank you:Clap: :Clap:

zaf786 said:
hi liam i am glad to say you have sorted my front row problem.i followed your instructions with uko2 image they worked perfect.i haven,t got word to describe you liam.....dreambox genius....thank you:Clap: :Clap:

So front row is now fully working at your end?????

yes liam it is definately working.i had lot,s of ppv channels but they all seemed dead.with your new image i put my own services and bouquets in+i did a scan and found about another ten ppv channels.used your method and they sprung to life...thanks again...and goodnight

Glad to hear that :) Took alot of effort to get that to work lol, always ended up with "Waiting for time..." error until I finally found the missing piece of the puzzle. Cheers for the feedback.

Works great...

Just wanted to let you know I installed 02 in the early hours and copied over my old services.xml etc

It's great (the colour scheme was a shock though lol) the 'pin' feture on the service settings is a GREAT idea.

The newcamd is a little 'sticky' for me but that's no prob. It's a great improvement so overall really am impressed.. will take look at the innards and see what I can glean...as I appreciate a (some) on here wont know what this can actually consist of in terms of work..

i feel proper daft askin this question but what is the pin i cant get into the service section to do a scan

pyroneus said:
does the pin lock on adult channels work in this version?

Yes... you will need to put your adult channels into a seperate bouquet, and then lock that bouquet.

when i tried this in a previous version, the pin screen came up but the channels still played in the background. This is now fixed?

pyroneus said:
when i tried this in a previous version, the pin screen came up but the channels still played in the background. This is now fixed?

Possibly... although Im not 100% sure now that you've mentioned that.
In my previous UK01 image the pin feature worked fine on locked bouquets and didnt give me the situation you are describing... I did do alot of file modification so I guess the best thing to do would be to just try it and see :)

Liam

i gave my dreambox to my brother over the xmas period. I am using my pace box for the time being. I will have to have a try when I get the box back.

I was using dm500_nplus_1116Z.img

uk02 front row

hi i took my dream box off today to sort my brothers dbox with another image.when i put my dreambox back on i had all my front row channels blank no epg nothing .i managed to get them going again using your instruction it only takes one or two minutes worth a hassle....:Cheers:

quality liam. excellent picture,fast response love the way the vod scan is in the service scan aswell.

keep up the good work m8.

ps....but dont forget us with a dbox need your expertese aswell... LOL....

na really well done m8 keep up the good work m8

Last edited:
Back