Neutrino.DREAM UK02 Feedback Thread

lol, zaf probably meant that hes actually got secret files, not their actual content, if you no what i mean, LOL, cuz i dont, hehehehe

Liam, i have managed to get my folders on pc to show up via the VLC method you explained to me on the uk01 thread....fist of all i mounted an iso image to a virtual drive so as to see the TS folder.....i changed the drive letter to reflect the virtual drive on the box, when i pressed ok on the first VOB file it just seemed to hang on "buffering".

I then tried to stream a TS file direct from the hdd, doing this just made it hang with a blank screen. Any ideas ?

I will have a play at getting the volume mounted but i have no luck at this at all. If the volume mounts succesfully then i assume the audio streaming function will work as well ?

Nope, no joy with the mounting method....i follow your instructions, when i have restarted the box the settings that i have made have all reset, like i never done anything, there doesnt seem to be a feature to save the settings you make, other than "mount volume now" which you say to press at the end.

I cant see the folder i set to share.....also you say...
Directory/Share = the name of the share from step one (capitalization is important!)
Well i named my folder "streams" i used no capitals, so i assume i dont on the DB or do you mean capitalization of the drive letter ?
Also this i find conflicting....
Mount options = rw,soft,udp (notice the W)
You say notice the "W" and have printed it as a "W" yet Mount options = rw,soft,udp does not contain a capital "W" instead a lower case "w".

Hope thats not to confusing, but something as silly as a letter not being right can throw a spanner in the works.

@loady

I wouldn't worry to much about the 'w' option 'rw,soft,udp' this is only important when you are using direct file record to a PC. Seeing as you are only using VLC you can leave the option at the default setting of 'ro,soft,udp'

Trooperboy

No, i have been succesful getting VLC to work now, but i cant use the mount directory method for some reason.....i need it so i can stream audio and TS files, i can get the vlc method to see my pc folder via the DB but it just hangs when i click on a file to play.

Help!
woke up this moring and found that the box is in radio mode and I cant get out of it.
Is there a key combination to get back to all or tv mode or will I have to reinstall the image and loose my bouquet setups?

hi go to setting ist option is tv mode press that that should take you back to tv mode....

Have you hard reset it ?.....can you get into the menu and press the corresponding button for TV mode ?

wont go out of radio mode at all so no options outside the radio options. Have pulled the plug and waited for a reboot twice now bot it boots up in radio mode again. worryingly power button mutes sound but the image is still on screen.

As i have not changed the ip address and cant access it anyone tell me the default for the image?

i should have said go into menu and hit tv mode that normally takes you back to watching tv . if you restart your box you should not loose your setting.....

menu buton does nothing unless i do OK button and the menu but that is a radio option. bouquets list.thats it.

Yep that was the corect IP address. reloaded the image with flashwizard pro after changing the ip address. Funny thing was that it went through the motions but the neutrino image stayed on screen over the whole flash with the radio playing. I was not hopeful but on reboot ive got back the main menus and am now scanning again.
Is this common or is it that my son can press combinations of buttons to bugger up the system when im in bed?

hi someone must have put the box in radio mode .normally to get out press menu then hit tv mode which is very ist option.what you can do is save your bouquets and services and if this happen again you can reflash and transfer your files via ftp it saves time .

all done and backed up now.

Just a thought.. wen i loaded up the bouquets i previously did not delete the redundent ones (all the channels as bouquets) with the OK button scrolling through the bouquets it possible to be lost way down in radioland and not get out?

wondering if i have a faulty box now today the menu button has failed again all other options are ok so far.

all that happens when i press the menu button is that the LED flashes but no response on screen

any ideas?

I don't know if this will shed any light on your problem. I have found a bug in the neutrino uk02 image.

I was trying to delete a channel from a bouquet (from the dm, not from the pc) and my box went into radio mode. It got stuck in that mode so I rebooted, after the reboot I noticed the box had lost all my channels and bouquets. The only channels I could get were in radio mode.

I reflashed my dm and everything was ok. So I tried deleting a channel again and exactly the same thing happened.

So another reflash and all is ok again.

Maybe you found the same bug as me hopefuldreamer or maybe you found a bug of your own. Either way, reflash your box and you should be up and running again.

@loady

The direct file record doesn't work either, just fails with an error message saying unable to write. Yet you have to mount a fileshare from your PC just like you do to play back files.

Maybe these two problems are connected. I know in my case there is nothing wrong with the mount because I telnet'd onto to dreambox and copied files to the mounted fileshare so I know it works. The problem seems to exist with the neutrino software somewhere.

Trooperboy

lian put on this image .........what can i say m8 .had little problem but mangaed to get it sorted all in all took 40 mins (see all those wee tuts and the usual back it ups helped me)like the set up have not had much chance to play about with it but picture is superb.scrolling between channels very quick and i have all the epg small stutter when you go onto channel its like a double take for a couple of second then goes on ok also you know when you switch off and the little led goes from green to red well it aint doing that it stays on green but it does switch off ?any ideas?

This is what its all it about boys....feedback, right here, right now..........We seem to be sjaring the same problems therabouts.....when Liam gets in, 9im sure he will follow up all our woes.

@trooperboy:

Sorry i dont quite understand, You have the mounting working and can do the business but not via the neutrino image ? you are using another mthod to get it to work ?, could you explain in a little more detail please m8. Thanks

Back