Neutrino.DREAM UK02 Feedback Thread

Like this image liam, like it a lot!! Still lucky enough to have front row so appreciate the epg. Looks very smooth. Can't think of any critisism (constructive or otherwise) but appreciate the new image 'cause it sorts out the mess i made trying to sort out the key presses on my first image! Cheers!!

iant said:
Like this image liam, like it a lot!! Still lucky enough to have front row so appreciate the epg. Looks very smooth. Can't think of any critisism (constructive or otherwise) but appreciate the new image 'cause it sorts out the mess i made trying to sort out the key presses on my first image! Cheers!!

Hi Liam

Had a bit more time to play with this image and can't get the front row epg to work following your 'press yellow button twice' instructions.

Not sure if this is significant, but on the front row channels, I never get 'Waiting for EPG'. Instead the EPG box pops up with the time the current showing started with the next start time below (as you would expect) but no film name next to the time.

Heck, not complaining though, as it's a good image and staying on my box!

Cheers

i have the same problem. but not bothered as long as is work.

Oop! Once more thing. After the box is restarted the bouquets seem to sort themselves into a random order. Bizarre!!

icaicm said:
i have the same problem. but not bothered as long as is work.

I second that - it's working fine.

How long is it taking people to complete the VOD/TP service scan included with Liam's image? I put it on last night just before watching a 2 hour film and it wasn't even halfway trhough when the film finished (it found 1246 transponders!)

I left it on overnight (at last look it was 590/1246) and in the morning it said the scan hadn't finished properly. I'll give it another shot today I think.

apintofmilk said:
How long is it taking people to complete the VOD/TP service scan included with Liam's image? I put it on last night just before watching a 2 hour film and it wasn't even halfway trhough when the film finished (it found 1246 transponders!)

I left it on overnight (at last look it was 590/1246) and in the morning it said the scan hadn't finished properly. I'll give it another shot today I think.

Not that long. Roughly the same time as with a dbox - think it took me around 30 mins. I didn't get all channels however (one or two transpoders missed) but I get that regularly with the dbox images too (must be my set up).

I've run the "CableUK Sym6952" and it went fine. Now I'm going to run the VOD scan again. What scan settings do I use to append the new services onto the old one? I'm assuming it's either "leave current" or "update"

apintofmilk said:
I've run the "CableUK Sym6952" and it went fine. Now I'm going to run the VOD scan again. What scan settings do I use to append the new services onto the old one? I'm assuming it's either "leave current" or "update"

I am not sure on that, everytime i do it I create a new list :s
I would assume it is "update" though

hi i think people are getting confused this is normal for tp/vod it takes long time i found 1596 transponders myself before i realised i put the wrong scan on .with normal i find 29 to 30 transponders it takes about 20 min.s maximum you have to look at the scanning options carefully liam has added some extras so pay attention...:Cheers:

Im still not able to get the "live" function on the webface functioning 100%.....i get the picture ok but the sound is cracly, like a radio not tuned in properly.

Still cant stream to and from the pc, not sure if these problems are unique to me or others have the same trouble.

hi im still abit new to the dreambox and i am currently running the 1106z image whats the difference between the 1106z and the uk02 image? sorry if this has already been answered...

loaded the image this eveniong about 5 and by six had organised the bouquets. Amasingly streightforward well done Liam!
Great to have epg compared to the gemimi. Tomorrow i'll try some options!
(family insist on watching programmes on the TV.

mr_p said:
hi im still abit new to the dreambox and i am currently running the 1106z image whats the difference between the 1106z and the uk02 image? sorry if this has already been answered...
hi mr p the diffrence is for you to decide basically this a new up to date image by liam best image i have come across on dreambox section.liam has added few things on to it you have to try and judge it yourself.....:Cheers:

Yeah, and they got Gavs 'magic' files added which enhance picture quality....a secret guarded closer than mr cadburys ;)

hi loady it,s not much of secret as liam mentions gav magic files on his post when he released uko2....:: whip :

Faster reponses from menus (I hope anyway!)
Slightly more stable streaming and recording
MP3 playback is flawless (didnt try on 1116z image so cant comment)
Menus have been completely revamped (full english!)
Front Row Patch included (altho experimental)
DBOX-to-Dreambox converter addon
... and a few more bits n bobs

Great work Liam, I knew that money I sent via paypal would be put to very good use. Well done.

Like the front row patch, at last I don't have to fire up my old dbox just to find out whats on front row. Like I said great work.

Ummm I know this is slightly off topic but Liam, is there any chance you have a patch for DVBCORE on the PC for front row? I've heard you talking on other threads that you have a DVB-C card in your PC so I would assume from the amount of packages that use DVB core (i.e. MyTheatre, BlitzDVB, ProgDVB etc) that would have come across it before.

If you don't have a patch would you know of a good place to start looking for one?

Cheers
Trooper.

P.S. Damn good work on the image Liam. Damn good work.

@zaf786:
hi loady it,s not much of secret as liam mentions gav magic files on his post when he released uko2....:

Really ? so you know what these magic files are then ;)

Back