Neutrino.DREAM UK02 Feedback Thread

Just a hint for people getting picture break up.

I found the signal was too strong, i hve to drop my signal by 10db for every channel to work perfect.

I currently use 2 splitters (-3db) and a 4db signal attenuator to get things ok...

Yet a dbox on the same cable doesn't need any signal drop.

So have a play with dropping the strenght first.... dreambox's seem more sensitive.

Hi,

I have tryed the UK02 image and i have tryed few other images aswell but problem is dreambox didn't pick transponder 19, and I am loosing three channels 2 sports and one ARY Digital. Has anybody got any idea about this problem... i am in the Westmidlands area.

I have transfered my dbox service file into dreambox it shows the channels but the picture is freezing.

appart from this Uk02 is the best one for use so far.

Let me know if anyone has a solution.

Thanks
:Cheers:

I had the same problem with discovery channels missing, i managed to cut and past and convert the transponder from the xml and add it manually to the neutrino xml....however, i got an epg for them but no picture.....Leefield kindly edited them for me and they worked perfect...i dont what he done that i didnt but it worked.

Thanks loady for reply.

but my problem is my dreambox not picking the transponder 19 with any image.

Cheers

tosh2004 said:
hi I am in Birmingham .
hi tosh 2004 try another neutrino image and do a scan i know it,s pain in the ass but if you can pick these channels it,s worth it i am in coventry i have all the channels i want it was pain trying all the images but it was worth it and always save your services files ....if you change to another neutrino image you can just drop your services file in ....

hi,
Thanks for reply
Which another neutrino image ?
I am new to this dreambox....

tosh2004 said:
hi,
Thanks for reply
Which another neutrino image ?
I am new to this dreambox....
hi go and download k-net2020 backup neutrino image it is in download page 2 and do a scan...see how it goes

tosh......do you have a dbox with all channels working ? if so what i am saying is to convert the part of the service xml that contains the channels you need and paste it into your service xml with the missing channels.....if you have not got a dbox then go over to dbox section and download the neutrino services for your area, then all you will have to do is convert them to dreambox format......let me know if you get any problems, i will have a look at them for you.

Thanks loady and Zaf786 for your kind help. its working now it was my faulty spiliter
I have tried without the spiliter and its working in neutrino only. Its just three channels has problem otherwise all the other channels are working fine. I think its signal problem not the image. Thanks anyway both of you. one question can't we change ucodes for this image. as we change in dbox sometime its works.

Cheers.

tosh2004 said:
Thanks loady and Zaf786 for your kind help. its working now it was my faulty spiliter
I have tried without the spiliter and its working in neutrino only. Its just three channels has problem otherwise all the other channels are working fine. I think its signal problem not the image. Thanks anyway both of you. one question can't we change ucodes for this image. as we change in dbox sometime its works.

Cheers.
hi it,s always worth checking simple things but when the pressure is on you don,t think properly.with the ucode i will leave it to loady and liam to advice you ...and happy new year to you...

Dreambox doesnt have uCodes, AVIA drivers or 1xI and 2xI flashs like the DBOX2 - the dreambox simply doesnt need them as there are no differences in the hardware between any two DM500c's. This is unlike the DBOX2 where there can be AVIA500 and AVIA600, uCode 0014 and uCode 001A, and 1xI and 2xI flash. Also remember that there are 3 manufacturers for the DBOX2 - Nokia, Sagem and Phillips, and these "driver files" are included because of the differences between the three manufacturers. Because the DM500c is made by one company and one company only (Dream Multimedia), things like this arent required - which makes it a hell of a lot easier for Dreambox users as there is less to worry about :)

Liam

thanks 4 ur reply. So if i wanted to put this image over my last image(1106z) do i just flash it over the old image? and how do u play mp3's of the dreambox(i neva knew u cud do that??)

kabzy mabzy said:
on neutrino images the led always stays green even when on standby mode.

cheers
that,s what i thought first mate but i tried k-net2020 image dm500-nplus-1224Z that turns red when standby mode applied.maybe something for liam to look at....

Probably something to do with the latest CDK... either that or ruDbOx added a fix for the standby option.

Back