neutrino dream plus ultra 0.9b

Another update. DB had gone into standby as I prorammed it. I pressed the power button and db came up straight away. I guess, I need to switch the box off, or put into standby every nighth to stop freezing.

Cyro, do you want to try leaving your box on for 24 hours to see if it freezes? I have only the one box to test with.

Other than that, the image is rock solid. Even the random 5-10 sec pause has not appeared since I upgraded.

hey, been trying to mount a nas drive to this image, is it even possible? and if it is what settings do you use?

Cheers in advance

I have the following lines on my web.,

Mount 7
Type = CIFS
IP = 192.168.2.99 (ip of my NAS)
Directory = dreambox (sharename on the NAS
Local Directory = /hdd
MAC = blank
Option 1 = rw,soft,udp
Option 2 = nolock, rsize=8192,wsize=8192
Automount = ON
Username = dreambox (username I created for access to the NAS)
Password = dreambox (password I gave the user for the NAS)

When I want to record, I press the blue button and then RED. When I want to stop, I press blue button and red.

When I want to play back, I use the Menu button, and choose Movie Player, and then Play TS. and scroll through the folders.

Hope this helps.

Great image Cryo, much prefer neutrino.
The only thing i cant get to work is the delete unwanted channels feature.
I copied the channel names exactly from the service.xml file to the unwanted file, from the extras menu deleted unwanted channels,
reloaded channel list but the channels are still there, any ideas ?
cheers.

Great image Cryo, much prefer neutrino.
The only thing i cant get to work is the delete unwanted channels feature.
I copied the channel names exactly from the service.xml file to the unwanted file, from the extras menu deleted unwanted channels,
reloaded channel list but the channels are still there, any ideas ?
cheers.

will have a look, worked last time I used it. what did you edit it with? it will need to be a unix friendly editor.
If not open tuxcom from blue menu, edit /var/tuxbox/config/zapit/unwanted and if it's gone to dos format it will have square boxes at the end of each line press the blue button to get rid and save. or use dos2unix from telnet. will add dos2unix to script for next release.

Hi Cryo, I used Metapad to edit it.
cheers.

just looked in /var/tuxbox/config/zapit/unwanted and it has not got any square boxes in there.

Last edited:
Great work again Cryo. But same as 0.8 I can't direct record to my PC. Can mount the drive but when i try and record it says the location is write protected.

Any advise?

This image is fine for me so far, got all channels, direct recording working ok as is MP3 playback, one quick question though, is there anyway of adjusting the volume when using the MP3 player?

cryogenic please can you help me out with the sleep timer? I can not turn it off? tried deleting the set timer and setting sleep timer to 000 But i still keep getting randon time that the box will turn off?
Even if i set it to auto go into sleep mode say at 4am everyday everytime i reboot the time as changed again and as gone random again?

Is there anything i can set in telnet to force the timer to stay at 000 off?

iam having the same issue with sleeptimer its a real pain everything else with the image is great now but box shuts down then i have to power off to get it back on

cryogenic please can you help me out with the sleep timer? I can not turn it off? tried deleting the set timer and setting sleep timer to 000 But i still keep getting randon time that the box will turn off?
Even if i set it to auto go into sleep mode say at 4am everyday everytime i reboot the time as changed again and as gone random again?

Is there anything i can set in telnet to force the timer to stay at 000 off?

just set it to 000 and don't be tempted to go back in, everytime you go back in it changes from 000 to something else. you won't see it say 000 unless you just typed it in. you may have to go into settings and save after can't remember.

For the last 3 days when i get home from work i have lost sky movies 1 to 8 , sky sports and sky one, still seem to have most other stations such as extreme sports and sky movies 9&10. Selecting various roms and cams dosn't seem to make any difference, if i keep swiching between channels they eventually seem to come back until the next day. Any ideas anyone?

sorry to jump on thread how do i reconise sky 10 in pure thanks

For the last 3 days when i get home from work i have lost sky movies 1 to 8 , sky sports and sky one, still seem to have most other stations such as extreme sports and sky movies 9&10. Selecting various roms and cams dosn't seem to make any difference, if i keep swiching between channels they eventually seem to come back until the next day. Any ideas anyone?

My channels are back again, but the movies channels appeared with a dude in the corner doing sign language, couldn't find any way to remove him, rebooted and now he's gone. Is there a 2nd video stream with the sign language dude?

Back