network?

can you connect the openbox using a network cable to your router direct for when you need to that is the best way otherwise when you have the bridge connected and have entered a Cline the box will try and connect but i am not sure if it can use the usb port as a internet connection port the network cable is by far the most reliable way

edogg

The bridge goes into the ethernet port. It only used the usb for power, so that should be ok.

I got a test cline and put it on the box
I think I got that part right as it says connecting to etc on the 2 lines I ticked.
The channels are still scrambled though.
I am using the vonets wifi bridge. That is set up correctly as the software sees it when I plug it straight into the ethernet port of my PC. It says it should make any device act as if it's connected to the ethernet port on the router.
I don't know what the problem is. Should I mess around with the ip settings in DHCP on the openbox?

I tried to see if my router sees it but when I look at the dhcp client list it is empty even though my wife is using the wireless to connect at this very moment and is watching tv on her notebook.

I brought the box into the same room as the pc and connected it directly to the router but it still didn't show up on the dhcp list.

I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. The test was from a payserver so I'd be suprised if it wasn't working.

And I just managed to get raw chilli in my eye

This may be a silly suggestion, but the OpenBox defaults to a static IP which isn't in the range generally issued by a router, have you ensured the DHCP is enabled within network settings on the Openbox?

Was this the type of chilli you were using? lol

p.DM104377.mp.a.jpg

Would bloody well hurt if i got that in my eye also!

Last edited:
my advice is to not to use chili lol ( it wont connect) I just leave dhcp on but the bridge what port is it set on ?
that could be the problem

edogg

This may be a silly suggestion, but the OpenBox defaults to a static IP which isn't in the range generally issued by a router, have you ensured the DHCP is enabled within network settings on the Openbox?

Was this the type of chilli you were using? lol

p.DM104377.mp.a.jpg

Would bloody well hurt if i got that in my eye also!

I enabled DHCP on the open box. When that is on do that numbers in the ip addresses and gateway on the openbox settings mean anything? Does anyone know if there is meant to be any error messages if the cline doesn't connect?

Actually is was becuase I crushed 2 dried chillies into my food and didn't wash my hands after. It stung a bit.

lol I didn't see that picture before. I'l have to get another test line now as the other one must have expired

I enabled DHCP on the open box. When that is on do that numbers in the ip addresses and gateway on the openbox settings mean anything? Does anyone know if there is meant to be any error messages if the cline doesn't connect?

Once it's enabled on the openbox and you've applied it, it generally just greys out. I found it didn't show up on my router until i specifically setup a reservation using its MAC, but that shouldn't affect you at all. The other question there i guess is, does the router see the bridge...or the device.

You could assign a static IP address and try and ping the device from a PC (or from the interface on the router)

As far as i can tell there is next to no logging, so other than when the Cline shows "active" in the manager section there is no other way to know if its logged it at all.

Last edited:
in the cccam client setup >>manage config files>>cccam.cfg it will offline if it is not connected and on screen pay channels will say scrambled that is the only way to tell if it is connected. can you see the openbox in your routers config page >> attached devices

it wiil not have name just IP adress and mac

edogg

in the cccam client setup >>manage config files>>cccam.cfg it will offline if it is not connected and on screen pay channels will say scrambled that is the only way to tell if it is connected. can you see the openbox in your routers config page >> attached devices

edogg

My router doesn't seem to see anything. My Wii is outside or inside the dmz (can't remember and I'm at work now) My wife was logged on and the DHCP showed 2 things but then when I refreshed there was nothing there. It could be the bridge (most obvious I suppose) but I tried it directly connected to the router by ethernet. I even carried the tv into the same room to look at the ip etc from the box. I'll have some time Monday and I'l try and get another test line for then. I downloaded some pinging software (don't know what I'm doing) and it said it couldn't ping it.

edogg

Thanks evryone

It's showing offline but the test gas expired anyway so maybe that's normal. My routers software is pants. The dhcp client list is very erratic and clears everything when I refresh. I'll keep on trying

have you checked the wifi bridge on pc or laptop to via ethernet to see if you can connect to outside world check your email etc
i remember when setting up my wireless dongle for my old pc to connect to my router
i had to connect it to pc install drivers then confiqure with your sssid id passwords etc and would then connect to router then the web
just wondering if wi fi bridge works the same way

have you checked the wifi bridge on pc or laptop to via ethernet to see if you can connect to outside world check your email etc
i remember when setting up my wireless dongle for my old pc to connect to my router
i had to connect it to pc install drivers then confiqure with your sssid id passwords etc and would then connect to router then the web
just wondering if wi fi bridge works the same way

I connected it to my pc and set up the ssid and put in the password. It says it's set up. The way of testing it is to leave it in the pc and try to connect. It doesn't connect though. Maybe it's faulty.

Thanks

can the connect the openbox to my laptops ethernet port? Will that work? I wouldn't need a 10 metre cable then.

Thanks

Last edited:
can the connect the openbox to my laptops ethernet port? Will that work? I wouldn't need a 10 metre cable then.

Thanks

Technically yes, and you would need a crossover cable to do so and each interface would need a statically assigned IP address. Maybe i missed something what was the purpose of that?

I connected it to my pc and set up the ssid and put in the password. It says it's set up. The way of testing it is to leave it in the pc and try to connect. It doesn't connect though. Maybe it's faulty.

Thanks

sounds faulty to me if it is left in pc and not conecting to the net then the open box will never conect to the net through the wi fi bridge
get in touch with the seller mate see if you can get a replacement or refund

sounds faulty to me if it is left in pc and not conecting to the net then the open box will never conect to the net through the wi fi bridge
get in touch with the seller mate see if you can get a replacement or refund

Thanks
I've sent him an email. See what happens. I don't feel like buying another one though. I may sell the box and stream the football from my laptop to my TV.

can you not connect the openbox to your router with a network cable and use a video sender to your tv with a remote extender(aldi do a good cheap sender) this setup would work if your ariel and internet are close together
it is not the the openbox that is faulty it is the way you are trying to connect it to the network

edogg

can you not connect the openbox to your router with a network cable and use a video sender to your tv with a remote extender(aldi do a good cheap sender) this setup would work if your ariel and internet are close together
it is not the the openbox that is faulty it is the way you are trying to connect it to the network

edogg

I know there is nothing wrong with the box. My vermin router is in one room and the tv and sat point in another. There is a cable point next to the tv where the old vermin box was I'll try the modem there. My main pc isn't wireless so I'll get a cheap card for it. and have the box wired and my pc wirelsee. That should work.

Thanks

Need a test line tomorrow then

Yes if you are card sharing

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk

Back