Network access points

capcomind

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all, I have a similar problem to witchy2ks, I have two identical routers (Buffalo WHR-G54S). One is my Wan side which currently sits attached to my modem, the other I would like to connect to my 360 using an ethernet cable and use it instead of the microsoft wireless adapter (using one router in bridge mode). Can someone help me out, I've set the router into bridge mode, put the wireless mac address of the other router into the wds partner side and in the MAC address filter. Set the second to receive its ip address automatically but all to no avail.

Thanks in advance.

Hi, i am far from being an expert but from memory I think you need to assign a static IP to the router acting as the access point, with dns being set to the ip of the 'main' router.

I would disable all mac filtering until you are up and runing.

Messa

Also, and not having used a Buffalo networking product like this before, are you able to set it up as a DHCP relay at all?

Hi all, I have a similar problem to witchy2ks, I have two identical routers (Buffalo WHR-G54S). One is my Wan side which currently sits attached to my modem, the other I would like to connect to my 360 using an ethernet cable and use it instead of the microsoft wireless adapter (using one router in bridge mode). Can someone help me out, I've set the router into bridge mode, put the wireless mac address of the other router into the wds partner side and in the MAC address filter. Set the second to receive its ip address automatically but all to no avail.

Thanks in advance.

This is what I did using 2 cheap TP-Link routers.

Some of the options may be different on your routers.

Router A

Connect Router A to Cable modem.
Set IP to 192.168.0.1
Enabled 'Bridges' in Router A config.
Set MAC address of bridged Router (Router B)
Set security to WEP Shared Key - entered key.
Selected channel 11

Router B

Set IP address to 192.168.0.2
Enabled 'Bridges' in Router B config.
Set MAC address of bridged Router (Router A)
Set security to WEP Shared Key - entered key.
Selected Channel 11
Disabled DHCP on LAN
Entered Static IP for Xbox360 (192.168.0.100) - working
Entered Static IP for PS3 (192.168.0.101) - working
Entered Static IP for Dreambox (192.168.0.102) - working

Everything is working great, I've got a fully working 4 switch Wireless Access Point for £16 :)

Back