Netgear Router problem

vajid

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi guys, im having problems setting up my router so that i can use my laptop wirelessly. I dont have a pc connected to the router at all i just want to connect my laptop alone. at the moment ive got the laptop connected to the router with wires but i cant access the routers configuration page. i read that it should be a standard ip address to access it but i cant. i have problems in that when i connect wirelessly using the bluetooth adapter that came with the router, the network keeps dropping. ive changed channels and it still does the same. i cant access the internet even when i do get hold of the network. i use the infrastructure mode and not ad-hoc. any info or advice is very much appreciated. Thanks guys

you will need to configure both DHCP and the wirless network before you will be able to conect to the network/ internet

from the laptop.. which is connected through a cable open a web browser

and in the address bar type

http://192.168.0.1

this will allow you to connect to the config page.. you will need to login, the normal user on netgear is Admin

User : Admin
Pass : password

from the config page make sure you have setup the internet connection and you will also have a config page for wireless..

this will need to be setup

also make sure DHCP is enabled

good luck

Last edited:
the wireless part is fairly striaght forward however if you have any questions you can post them here and i sure some of us will be able to help with an answer... well hopefully anyway..:) :)

This is the way have my network setup

Doing thing high up the range so

Router is xxx.xxx.xxx.250
Printserver xxx.xxx.xxx.251
Bridge xxx.xxx.xxx.252

PC's

Server xxx.xxx.xxx.1 Wired
Lappy 1 xxx.xxx.xxx.2 Wireless
Lappy 2 xxx.xxx.xxx.3 Wireless
PDA xxx.xxx.xxx.4 Wireless
XBOX xxx.xxx.xxx.5 Wireless via bridge.

As you can see I do not use DHCP, pain in the ass.

Before we setup security we get the network working.

So Server is hard wired with a i
IP of xxx.xxx.xxx.1
Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0
Gateway xxx.xxx.xxx.250 < Note Router IP address

DNS Primary from ISP
DNS Secondary from ISP

Your router will tell you these when connected to BB.

Follow these instructions and you should be onto a winner.

remember wired and wireless have exactly the same basic config. the only diference is the security required:)

cheers for the info guys, hopefully i will set it up wirelessl one day, lol

Back