Guides and Info netgear problem

coathanger57

DW Member +
Reaction score
hi, i have a netgear dg834g router and have enabled modem mode only as i have a separate n900 tenda router,the problem is when you enter the netgear interface it tells me that the modem is connected and gives the ip address of my isp but when i connect my computer to one of the ports it doesn't connect to the internet, can anyone explain to me if i need to adjust any other settings or have i done something wrong, thanks

modem only mode - bridged? have you tried plugging a pc or laptop direct into the netgear in bridge mode to see if it can connect to the net
its probably a misconfiguration somewhere , is the tenda setup correctly for bridged mode etc?

modem only mode - bridged? have you tried plugging a pc or laptop direct into the netgear in bridge mode to see if it can connect to the net
its probably a misconfiguration somewhere , is the tenda setup correctly for bridged mode etc?

hi, can you tell me if i need to enter any settings into the modem or do i leave as is, as for the tenda,i had it working with a draytek vigor 120 but keeps dropping internet so thats why i'm trying the netgear. cheers

Last edited:
Back