Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

NetBook Ram

there are 4/5 versions of the U135, mine is the U135 DX
will check those out Pob :) thanks

How to install memory MSI U135 DX

The U135 DX Netbook is a Atom based Netbook that is not too bad for a portable PC but in my opinion 1Gig RAM is not enough for a machine running a Windows 7 (albeit starter edition) operating system.
So, what options do I have to throw more memory in? Not too many. It comes with 1Gig built in, and only has one slot for another 1Gig. Will it make a difference? One way to find out – hence this post.
The type of memory required is DDR3 204pin SODIMM 1333MHz.

Thats taken from the link morilihochili gave in an earlier post ;)

Last edited:
this one looks a little tricky some sites say its ddr2 and others ddr3, i cant see it been ddr3 in a netbook if you still have the box and paper work it should be on there, have you got a laptop with a ddr2 in it just to test it out, will only take couple of mins to see if it boots and it wont do any harm to it if ddr2 is wrong.

does that make sence john if its ddr2 667mhz i have a stick here i can send you free :)

this one looks a little tricky some sites say its ddr2 and others ddr3, i cant see it been ddr3 in a netbook if you still have the box and paper work it should be on there, have you got a laptop with a ddr2 in it just to test it out, will only take couple of mins to see if it boots and it wont do any harm to it if ddr2 is wrong.
Wouldn't even have to boot. DDR2 and DDR3 have the notch in different places, even on SODIMM sticks.

Wouldn't even have to boot. DDR2 and DDR3 have the notch in different places, even on SODIMM sticks.

i know this is of topic but whats the difference between ddr2 / ddr3 which is speed but sodimms, iv'e used both but never took any notice. :)

i know this is of topic but whats the difference between ddr2 / ddr3 which is speed but sodimms, iv'e used both but never took any notice. :)
DDR SDRAM - 184 pins (DIMM), 200 pins (SODIMM)
DDR2 SDRAM - 240 pins (DIMM), 200 pins (SODIMM)
DDR3 SDRAM - 240 pins (DIMM), 204 pins (SODIMM)

Theoretical maximum transfer rate doubles with each generation (1600, 3200 and 6400MB/s respectively), but at the expense of increasing latencies.

Image comparing SODIMM notch position: File:Laptop SODIMM DDR Memory Comparison V2.svg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
thanks for that m8, that explains to me why a stick wouldn't go in son's PC the notice is a fraction out you can hardly see it :) really should put my glasses on but i hate them :(

its 100% DDRlll says so on the box and Ive taken the back off today and have 1 slot, so need 1gb DDR3 ram

think this is what I need 1GB RAM MEMORY DDR3 PC-8500

Hi Rat

to find out everything about your system and much you didnt even know about, i use everest software its free to home users

EVEREST Ultimate Edition - PC Diagnostics | Lavalys.com

i always buy ram from here Computer Memory and Laptop Memory :: Offtek - The Memory Superstore :: Offtek.co.uk | you can run util to identify system and ram or do it manually on the drop down boxes just choose manafacturer and model and it gives all the info ie max ram, how many slots original part numbers etc etc

Attachments

• msi u135 dx memory.pdf
    143.7 KB · Views: 19
how do I know how fast the one is thats already installed ?
Sorry John, didn't get notification of your post for some reason :confused:

I use Speccy and CPU-Z as they're freeware.

As hatab has mentioned it, Everest is available as a trialware version, at least last time I used it, and easily cracked. It does offer features over the likes of Speccy, such as being able to get the product info for unidentified hardware, but none that I use/need.

here is the portable versions

Attachments

• cpu-z_1.59-64bits-en.rar
    798.7 KB · Views: 0
  • cpu-z_1.59-32bits-en.rar
    719 KB · Views: 1
Ive ordered some ram should be here tomorrow

the other day she was trying to play her game and I just had a thought !!!
plug netbook direct to router, IT WORKED, then I thought right it must be the wifi, I had a netgear wireless stick knocking about from years ago so disabled her in built wifi card and plugged the netgear wifi stick in, IT WORKED, so it seems it has either a faulty card or poor cheap card installed

Ill still put the ram in :) is there a good wireless card and is it easy to install ? but then again the stick works so I could stick with that :)

just thought Id let you guys know its fixed and what it was ;)

thanks all

What is the signal strength like on the built in wifi card? It's possible, though unlikely, that the antenna has become disconnected from the card as they clip on (a bit like press-stud buttons).

Also If there is wifi software installed you could try allowing Windows to manage the connection (or vice-versa).

I installed the ram :) I see the little push on things for wifi pob and they was on tight :)
tbh I dont know if there is wifi software or not tbh mate I will check that out and let you know :)
thanks

she now tells me that even the wifi stick dont really work :( she just didnt want to tell me lol

I give up with this netbook

think is I cant really see any problems on google about wifi issues :err:

What AV and firewall are you running on it John? Some are a little more aggressive in checking network traffic than others...

I was using avast but this was spinning all the time so I thought that is was slowing things down
so I moved to AVG and am now using this
firwall is windows buit in (XP)

:) cheers pob

I'm just checking but seen it loads of times when the wi-fi is enabled in windows but not actually switched on with either the "function key" + another button, or a little switch some where on the laptop.

Back